CBX 750F

Vespa
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX 750F

Post by Vespa »

Hello, new member here.

I feel abit out've place, everyone seems to have the non faired CBX's.

I'm planning to restore my 1985 CBX750FE, well sort of restore. I have a duplicate set of everything except the main fairing and bellypan, unfortunately a very nasty man from Australia cheated me out of £80 and never sent me the fairing, baring in mind I got in touch with him via the CBX750 (RC17) mailing list :(

I would like to touch up my red panels and get everything nicely restored, but I'd like to get it custom painted as well hence the duplicate panels. If I can find another front fairing cheap enough I'll do it.

I recently bought a Vespa (hence the name) so it's not a problem having the CBX off road for abit. The engine and frame definitely need powder coated, could do with a new wiring look as this ones really manky.

Heres what "big red" looks like now, in the pics you can see the corrosion and why I want to restore it. I got close to restoring it once, but then I had to go to work on it.

Not many of these knocking about here, getting pretty scarce. If anyone has a fairing for this at a reasonable price please get in touch :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX 750F

Post by EMS »

Vespa wrote:Hello, new member here.

I feel abit out've place, everyone seems to have the non faired CBX's.

I'm planning to restore my 1985 CBX750FE, well sort of restore.
Welcome, Vespa. Cool bike! You are really not out of place, we are all enthusiasts 8) It is just that this forum here is the ICOA club forum and the ICOA stands for International CBX Owners Association and was founded by and for owners of the Honda "CBX"(a 1047cc DOHC six-cylinder). While most of us have other bikes also, there are not many who own one of the "other" CBXes, which are usually known by a number next to the CBX, e.g.: CBX550 or CBX750. Maybe some of our members from Canada or Europe, where the "smaller" CBXes were sold, can point you to a forum or group there which may be better positioned to help you with specific questions about your model.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

We'll keep our eyes and ears open for you, though, Alex. Good luck with the search. Nice project!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Thanks for the replies, I just like CBXes in general no matter what size. To me its the forgotten bike, for example they always make newer CBR models but I'd love to see a new CBX. I'm open to any forum suggestions, you can never know enough.

Thanks, Alex

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

It would be so kool to find a 4 cylinder CBX over here in the states
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

George R. Garrison #0857 wrote:It would be so kool to find a 4 cylinder CBX over here in the states
I think the CBX550 and /or CBX650 were sold in Canada, and you could bring one into the U.S., if you wanted to. Also, the Nighthawk has basically the same engine as the equivalent CBX versions.

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

Thank You EMS, I'll keep that in mind. :text-thankyouyellow:
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”