Hello from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Hello from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

Hello and Greetings to All,

As some have noted, I am currently living in Saudi Arabia. We are doing well but it is a very different lifestyle. I have seen very few motorcycles and miss my bikes a lot. You will see that the only thing I have ridden since I arrived has been several camels.
If you have never ridden a camel, you should know it can be as exciting as riding a motorcycle, especially the getting up and down part. This picture was taken in Petra, the city carved in the mountains in Jordan, it is where some of the scenes in one of the Indiana Jones movies was filmed

I hope this message finds all my friends and other acquaintances doing well, as I stated we are doing O.K. We do miss life in the USA, there are good days and bad days. We just completed a trip to Jordan which was great. I am on a 2 year assignment and have completed 3 months. Before I came over here I set several goals, one was to not be seen on CNN, when an American in the Middle East is seen on CNN, it can't be good. Another was to travel a little and see some things I never dreamed I would be able to see and I have done that too. If everything works out, I may be able to retire from ExxonMobil after this assignment but you never know what will happen.

I'm sorry I have not posted much but it has been pretty busy. It took some effort to get my wife here and we sold our house, placed everything in storage and are committed to making this work. I am going to try to post from time to time as it may make life here easier keeping a connection to home.

Best Regards, Tom & Elizabeth

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Hello from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Post by EMS »

Good to hear from you, Tom! That seems to be quite an exciting time for you. Great to see that you still get a chance to "ride" :D :D You probably remember Leon Russel: "Stranger in a strange land". 8)

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

Hello Tom, nice picture from the country of Lawrence of Arabia and his Brough Superiors!
One thing to watch about these camels and their owners: It can cost you as little as 1 Lira to get ON one, but may be ten times that to get you OFF it :) :) :)
:laughing-rollingyellow:
Regards
Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Hey Tom even though you are in the Middle East, your CBX that you sold is being enjoyed by a new friend of mine, he was giddy with the deal you gave him, I told him that I wasn't surprised.

Live well my friend and hurry back,
Jeff

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Enjoy the adventure!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

You are a good man Tom and I hope everything works out for you. Good luck and God bless. 8)

ahlenius1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by ahlenius1 »

Tom your Camel looks to be in pain....just saying LOL

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

At least he is not riding side-saddle.
How about the candy-apple red with black stripe colour scheme. Obviously a '79 model camel.
Sounds like a great adventure, Tom.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”