Motorcycle Classics

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.

Motorcycle Classics

Postby daves79x » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:43 am

I see our very own EMS made the big time! He has a half-page article in the latest issue of Motorcycle Classics about the Honda CB350 Four. Check it out. Congrats!

Dave
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Motorcycle Classics

Postby Jeff Bennetts » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 pm

:clap:
Jeff Bennetts
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Postby EMS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Wow...I have not seen it yet. I am out on vacation. Funny that they turned a letter to the editor into a half-page article. Then again, I know I can be long-winded on occasion... :roll:

I like Motorcycle Classics. It is a great magazine and has, so far, survived when others have not. Richard Backus is a swell guy - in spite of the fact that he loves that Laverda... :D :D
Anybody who likes classic bikes should subscribe to M..C... We all need to support a magazine like that!
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary

Postby Larry Zimmer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Just be careful not to buy an issue on the news-stand and then subscribe. They will send you the same issue you just bought and not credit you anything. Just short-change you an issue.
Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Postby GregW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey Mike/EMS:
Sorry I missed your 15 minutes of fame....I read that issue cover to cover & didn't put your name with the bike.
Congrats on the article.
You're right, Richard's a great guy....he & associate editor Landon Hall really do a great job with MC.
You can never have too many motorcycles.
GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby EMS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:53 am

GregW wrote:Hey Mike/EMS:
Sorry I missed your 15 minutes of fame....I read that issue cover to cover & didn't put your name with the bike.
Congrats on the article.
You're right, Richard's a great guy....he & associate editor Landon Hall really do a great job with MC.

Thanks, Greg. It was supposed to be just a "Reader's Letter" and as evidence of the 'silver" CB350F, I attached a picture. No idea it would turn out into a half-page contribution.
Yes, and Richard is cool. He is very accessible and really responds to communication. We had a little exchange on the color variations of the GS1000S 8)
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary

Postby EMS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:02 am

Larry Zimmer wrote:Just be careful not to buy an issue on the news-stand and then subscribe. They will send you the same issue you just bought and not credit you anything. Just short-change you an issue.

Here you go: Print. Cut out. Fold. Glue together and you have your own postcard. Fill out and send away.

EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary

Postby GregW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am

EMS wrote:
GregW wrote:Hey Mike/EMS:
Congrats on the article.

Thanks, Greg. It was supposed to be just a "Reader's Letter" and as evidence of the 'silver" CB350F, I attached a picture. No idea it would turn out into a half-page contribution.
Yes, and Richard is cool. He is very accessible and really responds to communication. We had a little exchange on the color variations of the GS1000S 8)

Last Memorial Day, Richard, Ian Foster, & myself were supposed to have a little get together in Topeka to promote Ian's CBX book(Ian was on one of his many sojourns through the US). Unfortunately, with the Memorial weekend & Ian's tight schedule, we didn't get a chance to meet up.
A few yrs ago, I met up with Richard & Landon at their offices to do a little write up for my bike club's newsletter. Both men were great to talk with, RIchard & I sat for over an hour just talking bikes, college, where we grew up, etc. You'd have thought we were old aquaintences. All in all, a great way to spend a morning.
While I'm no journalist, if any one's interested in reading my newsletter write up (a couple of pages), I can send you a .pdf of it. My email is gwassenberg@cox.net
just shoot me a line & I'll attach the file to a reply. Like I said, it's not bike magazine writing, but all the words are spelled correctly & it has pictures. :lol:
GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby GregW » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 am

For anyone that missed Mike/EMS's write up in Motorcycle Classics:

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/mc-di ... dium=email

:clap:
GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Return to Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers