Tom N.

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.

Tom N.

Postby EMS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Somebody told me the other day when we looked over some parts that I got from him, that Tom Neimeyer moved abroad :? What did I miss???
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
User avatar
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary
 
Posts: 8080
Images: 1394
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:55 am
Location: North East OH, ICOA 3904

Re: Tom N.

Postby daves79x » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Yes, Tom posted a while ago (or maybe just emailed) that he was taking a job in the oil business in the Middle East, not sure where. I'm guessing he is looking to finish his career there.

Dave
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director
 
Posts: 1741
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:05 am
Location: Knox, PA

Re: Tom N.

Postby Rick Pope » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:30 pm

I emailed with Tom a few weeks ago. He and Elizabeth are living in a compound in Saudi Arabia, he's working there for Exxon. He says it's warm there.
Rick Pope: ICOA Rally Director.
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:16 pm
Location: Lawrenceburg, Indiana

Re: Tom N.

Postby jt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:33 pm

FYI, TomN is in Saudi, or as he refers to it KSA. He's been there 3 months. He and his wife are just about to finish a week of vacation in Jordan.
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.
jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 111
Images: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:59 pm
Location: La Porte, Texas, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby jt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Well step away from my post and got beat to the punch. :doh:
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.
jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 111
Images: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:59 pm
Location: La Porte, Texas, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby Jeff Bennetts » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 am

I have been working with a guy who bought one of Tom's CBX's just before he left, the guy got one he'll of a deal from Tom plus a trunk full of spare parts, right place right time.
User avatar
Jeff Bennetts
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster
 
Posts: 1325
Images: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:38 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby NobleHops » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 am

I've got some spares enough to redo my head now, thanks to Tom, plus a better wiring harness than mine. Tom was very generous to club members with his stuff...

N.
Nils Menten
Santa Cruz, California, USA

'80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

http://noblehops.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Not-Restoration-of-My/5334012_jN2Rnx
User avatar
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 2088
Images: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 am
Location: Santa Cruz, California, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby Jeff Bennetts » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 am

NobleHops wrote:I've got some spares enough to redo my head now, thanks to Tom, plus a better wiring harness than mine. Tom was very generous to club members with his stuff...

N.


What comes around goes around, when the club was more active years ago we had quite a few members donating parts and money to Toms salt flat speed record attempts on the turbo bike. Him and his son came to a few National rallies at Marlinton, there we held auctions to raise money for the bike to run on the salt, we also sold Los Lobo tee shirts, donated parts he needed and paid for his lodging.

Glad to see it has paid off for some of our members here.
User avatar
Jeff Bennetts
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster
 
Posts: 1325
Images: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:38 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby NobleHops » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am

That's cool, as you say, what comes around, goes around...

N.
Nils Menten
Santa Cruz, California, USA

'80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

http://noblehops.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/The-Not-Restoration-of-My/5334012_jN2Rnx
User avatar
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 2088
Images: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 am
Location: Santa Cruz, California, USA

Re: Tom N.

Postby EMS » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Tom was (and is) always the guy to lend a hand to fellow CBXers. He came to Mid-Ohio (and probably to other places) to help Dr Tom in his effort to race his CBX. He is the kind of guy, when you meet him, you immediately like him.
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
User avatar
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary
 
Posts: 8080
Images: 1394
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:55 am
Location: North East OH, ICOA 3904

Re: Tom N.

Postby rpleines » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Jeff Bennetts wrote:
NobleHops wrote:I've got some spares enough to redo my head now, thanks to Tom, plus a better wiring harness than mine. Tom was very generous to club members with his stuff...

N.


What comes around goes around, when the club was more active years ago we had quite a few members donating parts and money to Toms salt flat speed record attempts on the turbo bike. Him and his son came to a few National rallies at Marlinton, there we held auctions to raise money for the bike to run on the salt, we also sold Los Lobo tee shirts, donated parts he needed and paid for his lodging.

Glad to see it has paid off for some of our members here.


I always remember him riding "the bike" from the hotel to the bike show in downtown Marlington and to the lookout area not far from the hotel. Lot a noise, excitement and fun. I doubt that downtown Marlington has been the same since. :face:
Rich Pleines
rpleines
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Re: Tom N.

Postby EMS » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Jeff Bennetts wrote: , when the club was more active years ago .


I take exception to that statement. The club does more than it ever did in the last 10 years. In 2011 we had a Winter meeting, a Saluda/Hendersonville ride, we had Vintage Days where we have a significantly larger presence than in the "old days", we had a Lake Michigan ride and a day event at the Stockbridge, MI meeting.
It is just that less people attend these events and some don't at all anymore.
How many have you attended, Jeff?
I remember you were a co-organizer of a meeting where only selected people were invited and others were told to stay away.
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
User avatar
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary
 
Posts: 8080
Images: 1394
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:55 am
Location: North East OH, ICOA 3904

Re: Tom N.

Postby rpleines » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 pm

EMS wrote:
Jeff Bennetts wrote: , when the club was more active years ago .


I take exception to that statement. The club does more than it ever did in the last 10 years. In 2011 we had a Winter meeting, a Saluda/Hendersonville ride, we had Vintage Days where we have a significantly larger presence than in the "old days", we had a Lake Michigan ride and a day event at the Stockbridge, MI meeting.
It is just that less people attend these events and some don't at all anymore.
How many have you attended, Jeff?
I remember you were a co-organizer of a meeting where only selected people were invited and others were told to stay away.

:handgestures-thumbdown: Your reaction to Jeff’s post is completely uncalled for. :eusa-naughty:
Rich Pleines
rpleines
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Re: Tom N.

Postby EMS » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

rpleines wrote: :handgestures-thumbdown: Your reaction to Jeff’s post is completely uncalled for. :eusa-naughty:


As the secretary of the ICOA, I think I have all rights to react to a statement like this. I quote just facts. And I don't think you need to police what I am doing, Rich.
After all, this is the ICOA forum. Are you still a member?

I am aware of the fact that 20 years ago, the ICOA had more members and probably a larger activity calendar, but we are trying to do more now than has been done under the previous leadership.
To be understood is the exception
To be misunderstood is the rule.
User avatar
EMS
ICOA Secretary
ICOA Secretary
 
Posts: 8080
Images: 1394
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:55 am
Location: North East OH, ICOA 3904

Re: Tom N.

Postby rpleines » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:10 pm

EMS wrote:
rpleines wrote: :handgestures-thumbdown: Your reaction to Jeff’s post is completely uncalled for. :eusa-naughty:


As the secretary of the ICOA, I think I have all rights to react to a statement like this. I quote just facts. And I don't think you need to police what I am doing, Rich.
After all, this is the ICOA forum. Are you still a member?

I am aware of the fact that 20 years ago, the ICOA had more members and probably a larger activity calendar, but we are trying to do more now than has been done under the previous leadership.


Yes your Evilness, I am still a member. Member number # 1882.
As the secretary of the club you should be ashamed of yourself. :twocents-02cents:
Rich Pleines
rpleines
ICOA Member
ICOA Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Next

Return to Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron