Motorcycle Classics

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Motorcycle Classics

Post by daves79x »

I see our very own EMS made the big time! He has a half-page article in the latest issue of Motorcycle Classics about the Honda CB350 Four. Check it out. Congrats!

Dave

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Motorcycle Classics

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

:clap:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Wow...I have not seen it yet. I am out on vacation. Funny that they turned a letter to the editor into a half-page article. Then again, I know I can be long-winded on occasion... :roll:

I like Motorcycle Classics. It is a great magazine and has, so far, survived when others have not. Richard Backus is a swell guy - in spite of the fact that he loves that Laverda... :D :D
Anybody who likes classic bikes should subscribe to M..C... We all need to support a magazine like that!

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Just be careful not to buy an issue on the news-stand and then subscribe. They will send you the same issue you just bought and not credit you anything. Just short-change you an issue.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by GregW »

Hey Mike/EMS:
Sorry I missed your 15 minutes of fame....I read that issue cover to cover & didn't put your name with the bike.
Congrats on the article.
You're right, Richard's a great guy....he & associate editor Landon Hall really do a great job with MC.
You can never have too many motorcycles.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

GregW wrote:Hey Mike/EMS:
Sorry I missed your 15 minutes of fame....I read that issue cover to cover & didn't put your name with the bike.
Congrats on the article.
You're right, Richard's a great guy....he & associate editor Landon Hall really do a great job with MC.
Thanks, Greg. It was supposed to be just a "Reader's Letter" and as evidence of the 'silver" CB350F, I attached a picture. No idea it would turn out into a half-page contribution.
Yes, and Richard is cool. He is very accessible and really responds to communication. We had a little exchange on the color variations of the GS1000S 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Just be careful not to buy an issue on the news-stand and then subscribe. They will send you the same issue you just bought and not credit you anything. Just short-change you an issue.
Here you go: Print. Cut out. Fold. Glue together and you have your own postcard. Fill out and send away.

GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by GregW »

EMS wrote:
GregW wrote:Hey Mike/EMS:
Congrats on the article.
Thanks, Greg. It was supposed to be just a "Reader's Letter" and as evidence of the 'silver" CB350F, I attached a picture. No idea it would turn out into a half-page contribution.
Yes, and Richard is cool. He is very accessible and really responds to communication. We had a little exchange on the color variations of the GS1000S 8)

Last Memorial Day, Richard, Ian Foster, & myself were supposed to have a little get together in Topeka to promote Ian's CBX book(Ian was on one of his many sojourns through the US). Unfortunately, with the Memorial weekend & Ian's tight schedule, we didn't get a chance to meet up.
A few yrs ago, I met up with Richard & Landon at their offices to do a little write up for my bike club's newsletter. Both men were great to talk with, RIchard & I sat for over an hour just talking bikes, college, where we grew up, etc. You'd have thought we were old aquaintences. All in all, a great way to spend a morning.
While I'm no journalist, if any one's interested in reading my newsletter write up (a couple of pages), I can send you a .pdf of it. My email is gwassenberg@cox.net
just shoot me a line & I'll attach the file to a reply. Like I said, it's not bike magazine writing, but all the words are spelled correctly & it has pictures. :lol:

GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by GregW »

For anyone that missed Mike/EMS's write up in Motorcycle Classics:

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/mc-di ... dium=email

:clap:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”