trying to identify exhaust system

kbart1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

trying to identify exhaust system

Post by kbart1 »

hello all

well, i have decided to give my project a name "Frankenstein" because it turns out to be a mixed bunch of parts from any number of bikes and most of them were incorrect! so here is the exhaust system that came with the bike. i THINK it is some sort of CBX header as the header fits the cbx head perfectly. the rear portion is a major mystery. the muffler has the numbers "KHI K302" khi stands for kawasaki heavy industries so i have a feeling it is from some kawasaki model, unless they built cbx mufflers as well which i doubt. further more the little rubber bumper on the muffler meats up with none of the stands on the cbx. any ideas? who's header may i have? can i use the header and source mufflers to mate to them? any input would be much appreciated.

also, there has been discussions in the forum about exhaust gaskets. anybody have any advice on where to go and what kind are the ones to go with these days?

thanks a lot!
kent

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: trying to identify exhaust system

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

They look like Mac headers with a cobbled together mid-pipe, Kent.
I use the stock Honda copper gaskets. They can be re-used a number of times, just flip them over.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”