radial tire replacement

wiggs
New Member & Happy To Be Here

radial tire replacement

Post by wiggs »

I am currently running Donlop Gt501 front and back on m '82 CBX, 100/90-19 and 130/80-18 , What radial tires can I put on as opposed to bias tires and any recommendations please, looking for combination of mileage with good grip, any thoughts much appreciated
1982 cbx, 1982 cx turbo, 1982 cx turbo, 1982 cx Eurosport , 1987 yamaha fj1200, lucky guy !!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: radial tire replacement

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I do not know if you can find radials in those sizes. Does anybody make them that small?
No way i am going to start a tire debate BUT the only time i used radials was about 10? years ago, Avon Azzaro AV45s. They were too much tire for the bike. I think the grip overwhelmed the frame and suspension. The grip provided by a Bridgestone BT45 or the longevity provided by Bridgestone S-11 are plenty for me.
BTW, welcome to the site, Wiggs.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Ditto what Steve said - especially the S-11s for the Pro Link in the proper 130/90/18 size.

Dave

wiggs

Post by wiggs »

thanks guys, may just stick to the bias, was not aware 130/90/18 was correct rear as opposed to 130/80/18
1982 cbx, 1982 cx turbo, 1982 cx turbo, 1982 cx Eurosport , 1987 yamaha fj1200, lucky guy !!

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

With the narrow rims and tall sidewalls, you probably wouldn't like the queasiness (is that a word?) of a radial tire on a CBX anyway

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Don wrote:With the narrow rims and tall sidewalls, you probably wouldn't like the queasiness (is that a word?) of a radial tire on a CBX anyway

Don
It is a word. Whether it applies to the features of a radial tire may be a point of discussion.... :think:

Noun
1. queasiness - a mild state of nausea
squeamishness, qualm
nausea, sickness - the state that precedes vomiting
2. queasiness - inability to rest or relax or be still
restlessness, uneasiness
nervousness - a sensitive or highly strung temperament
jactation, jactitation - (pathology) extremely restless tossing and twitching usually by a person with a severe illness

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”