Converting MAC to Supertrapp?

Mopar_Tony_SF1
Power Poster
Power Poster

Converting MAC to Supertrapp?

Post by Mopar_Tony_SF1 »

Has anybody tride taking of the MAC silencers and replacing with Supetrapp units?

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Re: Converting MAC to Supertrapp?

Post by Don »

The Supertrapp systems are all stainless steel - If you had a set, butchering it up to put parts of it on a set of cheap a$$ Mac headers would certainly be a travesty . . . . just shine up the Supertrapps and keep them as is

Don

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Don wrote:The Supertrapp systems are all stainless steel - If you had a set, butchering it up to put parts of it on a set of cheap a$$ Mac headers would certainly be a travesty . . . . just shine up the Supertrapps and keep them as is

Don
Don,

You are correct that the SuperTrapps are stainless, but they also make slip-on mufflers. No need to chop up a full exhaust.

I don't know in what sizes the S/T cans are available, but someone here will have the info......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

Rick Pope wrote:You are correct that the SuperTrapps are stainless, but they also make slip-on mufflers. No need to chop up a full exhaust.

I don't know in what sizes the S/T cans are available, but someone here will have the info......
Even so, Rick - Can you imagine someone paying Supertrapp prices to put them on Mac headers??

Don

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Don wrote:Even so, Rick - Can you imagine someone paying Supertrapp prices to put them on Mac headers??

Don
Why not? The Supertrapp slip-on mufflers may not be specific to the CBX and may not be that expensive. The bad part about the MACs are the cans. The headers are not worse than any other single wall headers out there. If you have a good set of MAC headers, slipping a set of Supertrapp mufflers on them may be an economic way to get a decent working exhaust. 8)

80 cbx dude #6216
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by 80 cbx dude #6216 »

I agree with Mike. I have a set of mac headers that I modified with Blackbird mufflers and They work great-Mike

Mopar_Tony_SF1
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mopar_Tony_SF1 »

EMS wrote:
Don wrote:Even so, Rick - Can you imagine someone paying Supertrapp prices to put them on Mac headers??

Don
Why not? The Supertrapp slip-on mufflers may not be specific to the CBX and may not be that expensive. The bad part about the MACs are the cans. The headers are not worse than any other single wall headers out there. If you have a good set of MAC headers, slipping a set of Supertrapp mufflers on them may be an economic way to get a decent working exhaust. 8)
Thats exactly what I am thinking of doing. 'Trapp cans are pretty cheap and easy to come by. Just curious what the outlet OD is on the MAC where the silencer can goes to match up to a trapp or kerker can.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Tony, the Mac is 2-1/2" and the Kerker is 2".

Mopar_Tony_SF1
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mopar_Tony_SF1 »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Tony, the Mac is 2-1/2" and the Kerker is 2".
Thanks. There are plenty of 'Trapp mufflers in the 2.5" range.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”