CBX Mechanics_Mentors for HIRE_North America

82seebeex
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX Mechanics_Mentors for HIRE_North America

Post by 82seebeex »

Ok -
As much as we all love / own CBX's - sites like this are created for sharing info and
helping fellow owners with all the repetitive concerns- issues - common glitches,
found with the 6 cyl. beast. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not intimidated by ripping
apart the carbs / motor and all that makes up this mamoth old school motor work.

all the cd's / manuals won't replace the experience that the mechanics of the day & the guys (gals)
here that can do it in their sleep. For that - I would like to propose a section / list / contact
reference for anyone or cycle shops, that are capable of working on the CBX. I have the priviledge
of knowing 2 shops in their day, here in Ontario Canada, that were not only selling, but racing CBX's.
One actually met Mr. Honda because he sold more than any other Canadian dealer. Zdeno Cycle_Guelph, Ontario

Seems the guys are now in their 60's and no longer repair or have any contacts, that work on
the mighty CBX's. So why don't we answer the call to create a data base that we all can utilize when needed.

If you will work on a fellow member bike or know where mechanics are available - lets make a ready list!

All those in favour - say aye!

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX Mechanics_Mentors for HIRE_North America

Post by spencer »

I think it's a good idea. I think it has been proposed before. I wish I had a name to start the list.
SCH Rochester, MN

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Good idea! I am sure, we can come up with quite a list. Besides those who run a full business based on the CBX, like, for example, Tim's and Jim Zemanek's Cincicycles, there are propably others who do selected work like Dave McMunn, Mike Nixon and Pat Matachone.

82seebeex

Post by 82seebeex »

knowing where they are and how to contact is needed.
as a list grows it may be best set up by state / province / country by using "a pole"
- maybe Nils can chime in on this..
- as a newbie, I think a quick reference to close/ nearby resources, is what I think works for me.
- random posts will be a long read?
how many members here? this can only serve to strengthen this site and the CBX breed for years to come!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Willie at WASP Performance in Ajax, ON. did a top end for a buddy with excellent results.
http://members.ajaxdirect.info/p/wasp-p ... tney-road/

82seebeex

Post by 82seebeex »

good info
thx

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”