Honda Connectors

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Honda Connectors

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

Folks,

I spent a few minutes pushing the pins out of a CBX fuse block and a CB1100F fuse block. I then put the CBX connectors onto the CB1100F fuse block. This will allow me to use the CB1100F fuse block on the 1100F front end I'm putting on my '80.

It was a lot easier than I expected and looks factory!!!

I wish I could get my hands on a set of Honda crimpers and a bunch of male/female connectors.

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

Tom -- Aren't those parts available any more? All of Honda's older electrical connectors are made by Hitachi. Used to be Honda kit # 0252437, or the same from Yamaha as YU 5198-A (Kent-Moore). I believe K&L also has the same kits, part number 34-8958. They're all pretty much the same, and include the crimper (which I would not use, by the way -- should solder those terminals -- always!). The individual peices are available also, the Honda part numbers ranging in the 07692-0010100 through 07692-0011200 range, and the Yamaha numbers being YU 5205 through YU 5311. See Honda Service Tools Newsletter General #36, Kent-Moore publication YU 5198-6, and the current K&L catalog.

<center>

</center>

Hobbes
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Hobbes »

Hey, anybody know the name of the K&L website, where I could order one of those electrical connector kits?

I did a google search, but K&L seems to be the name of a LOT of companies...

Thanks!!!

-Ed

skipscbx

electrical terminals

Post by skipscbx »

Try google search " k&lsupply ". BTW, the honda terminals are available but you will have to buy 100 terminals at a time. They come in packs of 100 and Honda will not open just to send a few. The plastic connectors are available also, but I could not determine 2 pin, 4 pin, 6 pin, or 8 pin by the p/n's. Would end up ordering all p/n's. Also, as of the summer of 03, Kent/Moore only had one terminal kit left in stock and it was selling for over 300.00. Goodluck.

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Skip,

I tried k&lsupply.com,

but it came up as "the page you are looking for is currentlly unavailable"

Don't know if that means they're temporarily down, or whether they just don't have a website.

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep trying.

All the best,

-Ed

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Uhhh... I think I figured it out...

it's klsupply.com

(Just leave out the "&")

-ed

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: electrical terminals

Post by Mike Nixon »

skipscbx wrote:...BTW, the honda terminals are available but you will have to buy 100 terminals at a time. They come in packs of 100 and Honda will not open just to send a few.

Most small Honda parts, such as brake sealing washers, etc., are sold to the dealer in multiples for economy's sake. That doesn't mean he has to *sell* them that way. If your dealer won't sell you only the number you need, find another dealer. They're supposed to stock that stuff anyway (I know, wishful thinking...). I mean, what are their techs using if they don't? The point is, these connectors and their parts are all still available from Honda, just as they were intitially since the 1960s, at a good price, and what better than OEM to rebuild your electrical system. Incidentally, I recently acquired a machine that someone butchered up the wiring on, and the most expedient course seemed to be to get a tossed-out Gold Wing wiring harness. Sure enough wiring and connectors, with all the right colors, in that!

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

more on connectors...

Post by Mike Nixon »

As further proof that Honda intends the parts to be sold individually, no matter what the dealer says, note that the price found in the parts catalog is for a quantity of one. That is, the wholesale for terminal part 07692-0010100 for example is a mere $0.14. :D

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

the naked truth...

Post by Mike Nixon »

Here is a pic from the aforementioned wiring salvage job. It shows the damage done by some plebian. In 30 years in this business, I have never seen so many crimp connectors (ugh!) in one cable!

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Connector Kit

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

I got my kit today from Honda. It looks just like the picture Mike posted. It will be nice to be able to do it right. :D

OBTW, Mike, what was wrong with my splicing? :lol:

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Splicing

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

Didn't that mess have a "glob" of cheap electrical tape around it? :shock:

If not, must not have been mine..... :wink:

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

Yep, taped up until it was as stiff as a pool cue... :o

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

__
Last edited by sr71cbx on Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

sr71cbx wrote:Danggg.........that could really put a CRIMP in a guy's project......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like to say that crimp connectors put a crimp on quality.

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

Sorry, that was my post above -- forgot to sign in again... :D

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”