Engine Incline level

Spoke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Engine Incline level

Post by Spoke »

Hi all

My CBX Pro-link chopper is raked with 6 inch over forks (so the engine sits level as it did originally).
I am tempted to extend the forks further (maybe up to another 8 inches) without raking the frame anymore as I fancy the front higher.

My question is, how critical is the level of the engine on a CBX - am I safe to lift the front end?

Regards all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Engine Incline level

Post by Terry »

The only other chopper style X I've seen had his motor sitting pretty level and raked the head to extend the front end instead of raising it, must have been 17' long!

But George apparently has it figured out with this creation and BMWs new six is also canted quite forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: Engine Incline level

Post by alimey4u2 »

As long as the oil pickup is submerged at all times I wouldn't think there would be a problem. Although too higher an oil level in the gearbox area may produce frothing but I doubt if you would get anywhere near that.... In the extreme you may have to drop your oil level a tad. No problem in these sub zero climes... :shock:
ICOA # 656

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”