6:1 Kerker or DG

E Lee

Exhaust

Post by E Lee »

I added an extention tip to the end of DG 6:1. Purchased from local auto store, chrome, took to muffler shop with bags and had them weld on. It looks a little funny with the main cone sweeping up and the tip horizontal, has a slight down turn bevel. It saved the bag though!

As far as the stage three, based on what I discovered with it an dyno runs, it is going to take a lot more than K&N's to lean it out.

I started with their 122's and ended up at 108 and that's with all the above!

Later,

Ed

texascbx
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by texascbx »

He elee,I saw your bike pics over "there" and I have an 82.Can you post some pics in detail of your exhaust setup because I've never seen a late model with saddlebags running a DG.

ELee

Exhaust

Post by ELee »

I'll find the camera and take a few shots, it might be awhile.

I think over "there" does show a shot.

Pretty simple actually, the extension tip is sized to just fit over the DG "inside" baffle (exhaust) flange. Since the pipe is sweeping up and the extension is Flat i.e. horizontal to the ground/bag bottom I had the shop first cut a slight bevel on the base of the extension. The key is not to get such a big dia. tip that there is no room to get in and weld. It could be a tight space between the tip base an outside lip of the baffle, specially the bottom part of the weld due to angle. The tip cost all of $4. The weld was a six pak.

Later,

Ed

Clint50

Re: Super Trap

Post by Clint50 »

Ed wrote:I have a super trap 6:2 stainless. The header pipes were so scratched I could not polish them out. I don't know if I could keep the stainless polished i.e. from the tarnish created by exhaust heat. The ones I have don't seem to stay high luster very long. I know Chrome will blue but thinking will be easier to bring back to shine either mechanical or chemical. I'm talking to local chrome shop now about chrome on stainless; gut feeling this does not work.

How does it fit up with an "81"?

Yes, interested --- Loud Huh!

Let's see.

Thanks,

Later,

Ed #5428
Companies like Jet Hot,Airborn, HPC,etc can do stainless headers with their hi temp coatings. My personal preference is Performance Coatings in Oklahoma City. Their pricing is way cheaper than the above companies yet their process is the same. If interested,call (405) 525-9790 and ask for Chuck Simpson,owner.
Clint Hooper

ICOA #380

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jeff Dean »

anybody know a ballpark price for this coating?

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

HPC

Post by RIPPER »

Had my D&D 6 into 1 header done 10 years ago $195 + ship
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jeff Dean »

Thanks Rip,

Sheeese, thats half the price of the pipe!!! And that was 10 years ago. Man, all this fun ain't cheap. My current Exhaust (Jardine mufflers, OEM headers) won't allow my newly added centerstand to retrack fully. I was considering a D/G 6-1, I've heard a set and it really has a snarl to it. Anyway, thanks again.

outa' be a law to have this much power between your legs.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”