Pipemasters---Anyone?

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Pipemasters pricing

Post by Ringnalda »

Well the price hasn't come down any. In USD a system will now cost $2200 and the dollar doesn't look to be recovering any time soon. The standard pipemasters system has stainless steel mufflers, with chromed header pipes. They are single-wall so will blue if the mixture is incorrect or if you let the bike idle too high on choke without riding. If a person wants, a total stainless system can be obtained but this is more expensive...!

Louis's comment is his own opinion, and is not shared by many others.

Most people like the system very much, but when new OEM systems are coming back on the market for $1500 or so, then getting $2200 for a set of pipes is not easy. They are very time consuming to make, and use expensive materials. So I think there will be a limited market for these systems for some time to come, but I wish the USD would recover so the price is more within reach. I remember bringing them in for sale at $950 not soo many years ago!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

EMS wrote:Pipemasters will fit the Prolinks, but you will have to give up the saddlebags.
It would be best if you're buying them used to get a set designed for a ProLink though, so the centerstand tab will be welded in the proper spot - If you buy a used set of them made for an early model, you're going to have to jury-rig something for a centerstand stop

I like mine VERY much - I think Louis made his comment at a point in time when he was considering having a set of his own 6 into 6's made so trashing the competition seemed like the thing to do . . . . but the Pipemasters fit the bike much, much better than the set on his Hulk bike that he was using for a prototype

As Jan mentioned, the Pipemasters are handcrafted and they are almost works of art. The muflers each have a gentle curve hammered into them . . . . if you have some spare time, try hand forming stainless into a curved cone without getting even a tiny wrinkle in it so it will look great when you polish it . . . . not an easy task - When you see a set in person, you're looking at something which has been tweaked and refined over the years many times . . . . something you just can't do with mass produced systems. They look and sound like nothing else and their reputation for quality is well deserved

Don

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Bought mine from Jan before he became famous... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Famous or infamous...

Post by Ringnalda »

Yeah Larry, I remember getting the first set of 10 into the UK, picking them up from Burlington Air Express in Manchester and putting all the boxes in the hallway of our small house in Liverpool... I can remember even more vividly, the look on Pauline's face when she saw all these boxes stacked up in the hallway when she came home. Won't forget that look in a hurry...

Those were 400 GBP a set back then in 1990.

Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”