'81-82 Fairing Clock

Post by Carl »

Does anyone know if this is the correct clock

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2440618434

or should the numerals be orange?

How about altimeter and thermometer?

Is fairing prewired for these gauges?

Thanks...
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

andy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by andy »

I installed a Honda clock, it has orange #'s and hands that match tach and speedo. Says JECO CLOCK above center and Honda below. Second hand is white. Gold Wings had the white #'s, I think. The clock was a real battle to install, you had to remove headlamp assembly, and extend a live wire from the right pocket. It took about 4 hours and the hardest part was installing tiny 8mm nuts blindly to back of clock. I used double-sided tape on my fingertips to start nuts. Clock has been extremely accurate for 2 years now. Also have matching ambient air temp gauge. These items are very rare and desirable. I paid (groan) $400 for them nos.
75 Kawa F7, 71 CB500-4, 79 750F, 82 750 Sabre, 83 Suzuki XN85 TURBO, 81 CBX, 69 CB750 X 14 (like those old Honda's a little)

Rick Angles #3328
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

81-82 clock

Post by Rick Angles #3328 »

Hi guys.I have the clock and altimeter in my 82 X,thrown in when I purchased it used in 91. As Andy mentioned,mine also has the orange #'s and hands.The hands have white tips and the gauges match the factory Tach and speedo.If I remember,the harness is wired for them in the fairing.I installed mine with the fairing off the bike.Still a pain to do,tight fit.I know the ebay item has ended,but hope this might help you or someone else that are wondering.Rick

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jeff Dean »

Seems like I remember removeing 1 part of the fairing frame to assist in installation.

The wires ARE there, on late model of course.

In reading the other post, I'm getting that this is not the EXact correct clock, while it might work.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”