Westco vs Odyssey batteries

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Westco vs Odyssey batteries

Post by SS »

I saw/read the postings regarding the Westco battery, everyone seems very happy with their batteries.

I would appreciate any feedback on the Hawker Odyssey battery :?: .

I'm leaning toward the Odyssey (sealed dry cell), because I found only a very small difference in cost delivered to my house (about $15.00) :o .

Anyone own an Odyssey battery :?:

Any charger(or battery tender) differences or charging technique differences :?:

I'm not well versed on the technology differences of AGM vs. sealed dry cells :?

My charging system is working fine, but I need to replace the battery in my 80 project bike, and the 82 is my regular driver, so the 80 gets the "hand me down battery" :)

Your comments/suggestions are appreciated :idea:
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

Hawker refers to their Odyssey as a sealed dry cell, but it's AGM technology, same as the Westco. Read their FAQ #6 at this link.

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/odyfaq.htm#6

And they give specific charger recommendations. See "Proper Charger Selection", and "Selecting Charger Voltage and Current" at this link

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/odycharg.htm

I have no complaints against the Westco I bought for my 1100F (works great, perfect fit) so I'm going to stick with them when it's time to replace the battery in my CBX.

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Westco Battery

Post by Jim-Jim »

I just put in a new Westco battery and WOW !!! :shock: :shock: It spun the engine over like a flash. The specs state it is a 24 AH battery; the vendor told me it has 350 Cranking Amps capacity!!!! As I recall, the Odessy is an 18AH battery (I think because of its smaller size). I was impressed with the Odessy when I first got it because it spun the engine better than the standard wet cell battery but the Westco just blew me away!! I got it from batterystuff.com and it cost $74 with free shipping. I definetely recomment it. :D :D :D

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Jim-Jim & Fondahonda

Post by SS »

Thanks :!: for your input on the Westco Battery, I ordered one this morning (it should be here sometime late this week).

Thanks again you guys 8)
SS

so far!!!!!!!!!!

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Westco battery

Post by SS »

WOW :!: :!: :!: I ordered a Westco battery for the 82 X, (on Monday, AM) from BatteryStuff.com, and it arrived before noon today, (3.5 day service, store to door).

What great service :shock: and to top it all off the product appears to be a top drawer product. It spins the engine VERY fast, and seems like no effort starting the bike.

The best thing of all is NO VENT TUBE :!: :!:

Jim-Jim & Fondahonda, super referal :D Tanks :D
SS

so far!!!!!!!!!!

jdeatsch
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

jumping in here...

Post by jdeatsch »

so my Buddy bought a Westco for his bike and for mine. (What can I say?)

I love it. The thing FILLS the battery box. It SPINS that engine like mad (heck, it even starts it) and no tube.

Life is good.

Jim (Westco proponent now. I may have to get one for the custom)
"Racing improves the breed" - Sochiro Honda

Jeffrey Blanding
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

WestCo battery

Post by Jeffrey Blanding »

I have installed the WestCo 'AGM' maintanence free batteries in all of my bikes to date, except my recent purchase ('83 CX650 Turbo); it is the next item on my "to do" list.

I HIGHLY recommend their product; they are Awesome in each bike!

- Jeffrey

'79 & '82 CBXs

'83 CB1100F

'86 RG500 Gamma

'95 900SP

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”