another 6 into 6

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

another 6 into 6

Post by cbxtacy »

If you notice the passenger peg brackets have been chopped off and pegs re-located. The Megaphones are considerably larger dia then others and probably won't fit without doing that.

Also the header pipes are triangulated like conventional headers, not inline like most 6 into 6's or stock pipes. If you could find megaphones, it would not be to difficult to fabricate. I have plenty of spare peg brackets and pipes to where I could probably make 3 sets just with megaphones.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

http://www.gazbike.demon.co.uk/officewe ... LDING3.jpg

Here's the only Gazelle CBX system I could find but on their website they do say they will build a custom exhaust to just about any specification. Looks like it has excellent ground clearance. I've had systems that forced the center stand down more then stock and made it scary to ride around turns.
YOU'RE THE ONE

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I chatted to Gazelle a while back & they said they do custom 6-6's in SS, strangely the gentleman had a South African accent & I wondered if there was any connection to those that were made their ?? For a custom setup they required that they keep the bike for a while to ensure a quality fit. Now there is a guy on E-Bay.co.uk that also makes a 6-6...??
ICOA # 656

OSCARMARK
New Member & Happy To Be Here

My 6 into 6

Post by OSCARMARK »

Hi guys,

I have been asked to post some more pics of my 6 into 6... I am on the case!!

The system seems to be custom made. The headers and pipes back as far as the silencers are stainless steel. Cbxtacy is spot on... the headers are very neatly triangulated. The peg hanger brackets have been modified and you will notice that the rear pegs are mounted slightly higher. My good lady who is 5'5" says it is not that uncomfortable!!
The silencers themselves... ( not that they do much in the way of silencing!!! :twisted: :twisted: ) are high quality chrome with alloy cones on the ends and mounted on brackets that run parallel to the shocks, the upper ones on each side point skywards!!! 8)

When I bought the bike, I was originally keen to replace them with a pattern 6 into 2.... ( I was offered £1000 or about $2000 US !!! ) but the bike attracts so much attention and admiration, I thought I may keep them :?: :?: I cannot describe the sound......... it is as near to a Formula 1 car as I have ever heard. As mentioned in my post on the brake forum, they do push out a lot of exhaust gasses. If you stand behind the bike on tickover, be prepared to lose your outer clothing, hat, wig etc.. It ticks over without missing a beat...

As I said, I will post some pics.

Best regards

Mark
Epsom
Surrey

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Sweeet.... 8) 8)

ICOA # 656

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for posting the pics, Larry.
I like the look of them as well. The stacked effect reminds me of the Triumph Hurricane pipes.
OSCARMARK, i think the loudness matches the pipes and would be an added bonus.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

silversurfer has an avatar with a bike that has similar mufflers. Maybe he knows something about it?????

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Those pipes are unique. I would guess they are custom made due to unusual 2 and 5 head pipes. I agree with Steve, these pipes need to be loud. :)

They are quite a bit different from Powerflows..............

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Man, that is one ugly color combo... :P :( :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

Looks stainless. With 6 megaphones, a supertrapp header, and foot peg brackets to cut up I don't think it would be too difficult to duplicate or come up with something similar.
YOU'RE THE ONE

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

The 6/6 I am having made will be the same as Power flows and should be done in about 3 months. He took my pipes off the HULK bike and is making the jig as we speak. 4-6 weeks for the jig and then he will start making pipes. I have 15 sets being made and have a dep on 4. If anybody has never heard a set of these pipes they are missing one of the best sounds. I run mine without the baffle/tubes, I like loud pipes. If you want with less noise then leave the tubes in it. Either way they sound great. The best part about my pipes will be that they will not have a collector (no leaking like pipe masters). Louis

OSCARMARK

Post by OSCARMARK »

The system in the photos does not have a collector box, the pipes can actually be removed individually.
Whilst the sound they make is amazing, riding it on a dual carriageway ( freeway ) at 70 or 80mph does get a little deafening, even with earplugs!! :twisted: :twisted:
If I keep the pipes, I will have to explore getting them silenced... a bit!!! :oops:
I also assume that unless you were a die-hard CBX enthusiast...riding behind me would be like having the "hounds of hell" barking in your ear :twisted: :twisted:

Regards

Mark

cbxmel

6 into 6

Post by cbxmel »

Larry,As far as I am aware Powerflow exhausts in South Africa do not have a connection with Gazelle in the UK(Wales).Andre Verway who you and Louis know is a major shareholder in Powerflow and he is also a member of the UK club.Although, South African he lives in the UK due to his previous connections with F1.As you also know Andre owns more than twenty(20)cbx's. Gazelle is indeed owned by a South African guy whose name escapes me at the moment(senility setting in!) and the last price I had for a bespoke stainless 6 into 6 from Gazelle was around $4000(fourthousanddollars) You have to take the bike to them to fit.They will not ship the system to the buyer! cheers Mel ICOA 1876

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thanks for clearing that up Mel, I did wonder if there was a connection...
ICOA # 656

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”