Alarm systems

Hawk451
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Alarm systems

Post by Hawk451 »

Anyone have an alarm system fitted to their X? I may be getting another '82 soon and I think I'll install systems on both. Scorpio i500 on my ZZR1200 has been good, any other suggestions? Thanks
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Got a factory one on my BMW, works fine but switches off after 3 days to save the battery. If you leave your bike a long while in a garage, you may want to add a trickle charger also......
ICOA # 656

Hawk451

Post by Hawk451 »

Noticed this problem on the Zed, both it and my '82 fitted with battery tender. I understand that the westco battery generally doesn't recover from a deep discharge. Cheers.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Hawk451 wrote: I understand that the westco battery generally doesn't recover from a deep discharge. Cheers.
Interesting you should say that as I have one on each bike & struggle to fully discharge them... :lol: You may well be correct on that though, my oldest (5 years) may give up the ghost in my lifetime but no signs as yet... 8) Expensive over here so I won't test out your hypothesis Hawk451, I will take your word for it..... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

AGM batteries, of which the Westco is one of, do indeed not tolerate deep discharges. They take a longe time to discharge to begin with, but if you neglect them beyond a certain amount they will not forgive you. :!:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thanks, good info guys, I must admit these batteries have accepted (up to now) all the neglect I can give them..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Return to “RIDER GEAR: Boots, Gloves, Helmets, Jackets, Leathers, Rainsuits, Textile Suits”