Sparkplugs now...................!!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sparkplugs now...................!!

Post by sr71cbx »

----Okay,all of you out there,what brand of sparkplug do you prefer and what works for you or your application?I use an NGK DPR9EVX-9 plug in my turbo 79 and a standard D8EA NGK plug in my carb'ed 80 model.Both bikes use a Dyna S ignition system & coils. 8)
Let's hear 'em! :D

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

This is as bad as the oil thread!! But I can`t resist....autolite all the way. NGK is absolutely the worst plug I EVER used in drag racing. I will admit the conditions are extreme but if it was only a touch lean it would burn the tips off a ngk. I run autolites in every bike I own....plus they are a 1.39 at advance and ngk`s are 5 bucks at the bike dealer. Man this is going to get ugly....I feel it :twisted: :twisted:

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

I've used NGK's in EVERYTHING (cars, bikes, outboard motors) with nary a problem for more than 30 years - No reason to change now ;)

5 bucks each????? The stock D8's are just $1.60 each from HONDA - I would BET there's a cheaper place to buy them than there??

Don

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

plugs.........

Post by sr71cbx »

--------DANG!!!!Hope I didn't open another Pandora's box here...............
.......I use the NGK platinum tip plugs in my turbo because they seem to hold up the best under a sustained full-throttle pass for me.I will agree with you,cbxchris,as far as NGK's gold-palladium tip plugs,my ignition system will sizzle the tips right off those kind just in normal operation. :shock:
Anyway,keep 'em comin'!!!!! :)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

NGKs here. This summer I'll run DP9EAs for sustained high(er) speeds in the heat. I think I have 8s in her now.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”