Original Dunlop Tires (Collectable?)

Bill Kemp
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Original Dunlop Tires (Collectable?)

Post by Bill Kemp »

This might be a crazy question but I am replacing the original Dunlop Tires on my just acquired 1980 CBX. These original tires look great and only have 8952 km on them.

I would never use these tires as a daily driver due to the age of them and as such am putting new Avon Roadrider MKii tires on the bike. I will keep the original tires at home.

Are these original tires something that someone would want to put on their bike to make it original as more of a show bike rather than a riding bike.

The last time they were driven was 1988 according to the executor of the estate and the previous owners wife.

Let me know you thoughts. Should I throw them out, keep them with my bike, or sell them to someone who wants to restore to factory original.

Thanks kindly.

Bill Kemp

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Original Dunlop Tires (Collectable?)

Post by AshishNJ »

“ I would never use these tires as a daily driver due to the age of them ” . I won’t even sit on them while bike is not moving :) . You might find someone who collects old tires but very unlikely.
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

Return to “TIRES & RIMS: Tire Brands, Mileage, Performance, Sizes, Interchangeability with other models”