Upcoming PA Rally

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

Heres hoping for good weather..
Doesnt someone have connections above? We need excellent conditions. Or lots of beer and eats., hold the eats, bring on more beer.
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Weather forcast as of 2130hrs 9/9/09:

harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

George R. Garrison #0857 wrote: hold the eats, bring on more beer.
George, you may be out of luck!! Dave McMunn, who organizes the rally always wears a strange hat. I think he may be Amish..... :shock: :shock: :D :D

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Will not be able to make it. The guys who provide my paycheck want me to be available for something tomorrow, Friday and I wouldn't be able to leave until Saturday morning. Not enough time.

I may ride to the AMA Museum Open House in Pickerington on Saturday.
Anybody else going??

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Brookville

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

:( :( :( :( : :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Unfortunately I have to back out and have cancelled the room arrangements.

There's been a turn of events at work and I'm unable to make the trip. This was going to be the turn around for me with the CBX, but I guess it was not ment to be.

But, the CBX's are coming out storage and I'm still into this for the long run. You haven't seen the last of me.

I'm sure the event will be a hoot.

Dave, I'll bet up with you for details regarding the shipping of the carbs to you in the near future.

And as before, if anyones coming to the shore for "Delmarva Bike Week" next week, get up with me as the beer keg frig is u and running well.

Later, George
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Just want you guys who missed this trip to Brookville, PA, to know you missed a great time.

Dave and Bob rearranged the ride Friday to avoid the rain and we missed all but about 40 minutes worth on the way from dinner to the motel. by the way, that restaurant was really fantastic right on the river.

And what a ride we did have! We had just about every road you could ride except dirt and gravel! Plenty of twisties and great scenery. PA is a beautiful state.

As expected Saturday dawned overcast but we never rode in rain. Again, Dave and Bob selected excellent roads to entertain and challenge us. I especially enjoyed the scenic ride along the Allegheny Resevoir. Great road but the state has let the trees grow up so you cannot see any scenery. This would be a great road to run time trials though.

The last ride along a river certainly provided the scenery though.

Thanks again to Dave and Bob for all their hard work to plan this event and make it happen. And for the truth, the real thanks goes to Diane and Kathy who really did all the work and kept the guys on task. I had a great time.

When I left Sunday, I planned to make a two day trip home. Who follows a plan? After leaving the Flight 93 memorial, I headed south picking up Rt 219 down to Thomas, WV. It was too early to quit so I headed on to Rt 33. All of a sudden I was approaching Harrisonburg, VA. I was tired but being about 130 miles from home I pulled out onto I-81 and dropped the hammer and the CBX responded. And then I was pulling into my garage. It sure felt good to get into my bed.

Thanks again for a wonderful time.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”