Thru mountains to the desert & back.....86 degrees 2day!

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thru mountains to the desert & back.....86 degrees 2day!

Post by sr71cbx »

Hello all,
Sounds like Terry had a nice putt up north,the coast hiway is bitchen!I was able to get out today,as I have every other Monday off(9-80 work schedule)and it was 86 degrees today with NO smog,NO excess wind,and NO clouds!!!
I jammed up to Big Tujunga Cyn.Rd.on my '80 model w/6:1 header,went up to Angeles Forest Hwy.and took a left turn to head up to the desert,gorgeous scenery right now with blue lupine up already and the bright orange of California poppies starting to carpet the hillsides on the desert side,plus the intense green of cottonwood trees just leafing out for the new season.The shriek from the 6:1 D&D header reverberated up & down the canyon as I rode past the Hidden Springs Cafe at a good clip,then up the canyon over the 4900 ft.summit and descended down into the high desert,where,on the long downhill straightaway,my CBX touched 90 mph briefly :twisted:.The CHP officer that was coming the other way said I was going that fast according to his radar gun!! :shock: --He was kind enough to not issue a citation,but did emphasize the point of observing speed limits :oops: and to have a nice day and that's a sweet-sounding black Honda you're riding. :o
I then swung right down Mt.Emma Rd.to 47th St.E.and turned north to SR138 and headed west along Pearblossom Hwy.to the SR14 freeway and south to Soledad Cyn.Rd.,then got off the beaten path for another spirited ride down Soledad Canyon into Santa Clarita area for fuel and a quick pit stop before heading south over Sand Cyn./Little Tujunga Cyn.Rd thru some more serious twisty-windies and dropping me back down into the valley area.I got on the I-210 eastbound to Sunland Blvd. and got off to go down to the Burbank area & home---all this in 2.5 hrs.& 125 miles!! :bigthumb:
Oh,and the much-maligned Dunlop GT501's stuck like glue!!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”