Marin Headlands to Leggett on Hiway One

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Marin Headlands to Leggett on Hiway One

Post by Terry »

If you haven't been this way in awhile, take the time as soon as possible. The entire trip culminating with the last glorious 25 miles or so where One meets 101 is just a spectacular ride! :!: I hadn't been S to N the entire distance before and its been years since I made the run N to S and then, the road surface was terrible and there were a lot of closures and one laners for repair and construction. No longer though, the road surface is great with nary a bump or unsettling ripples in the pavement. Just a great ride! The last tight section must rival the Dragon Tail ride back east/south? although I've never ridden it. Manoman :!: :!: :!: The ride up to and thru the Avenue of the Giant Redwoods is always a treat and then it was time for the ride (flight) back down 101. The weather was too warm for leathers but I kept everything on (for the wind blast) and kept the tach around 5,800-6,500 nearly all the way back to civilization. :D :D Only around 700 miles up and back, but take two days to do it. 8) Now if I can just figure out what's wrong with my C stand...
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”