Cleveland 2012

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
dcmcmunn
ICOA Membership Director
ICOA Membership Director

Re: Cleveland 2012

Post by dcmcmunn »

Here is a $5.00 coupon for Cleveland Show admission. Discount ends Friday at 4:00pm.

http://exhibits3.advanstar.com/IMS12/IM ... e5_OH.html

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Susan and I will be there when the show opens at 3:00p Friday, as will Larry Zimmer. If all goes well, I'll have a few free passes to hand out.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Tentative dinner plan is Sulley's Irish Pub in Medina (117 West Liberty Street). Time is 6:00. I have a reservation for that time. They, nor any one else, will do reservations any later. They have a considerable selection of good food between $10 and $15. (Steak at $18.) Irish band at 8:00. We can discuss further Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I suggest that we be at the motel by 4:00, as Dave suggested, if we are to have a meeting on Saturday. The show, typically, doesn't take more than 4 - 5 hours to see.

If 'sports bar' type/Benigans menu/atmosphere is what the majority want, we can do that.
How many will we be on Saturday? There is still the possibility to do the Japanese Steak House (Hibachi Grill), if there is any interest. It would be a lot of fun and we can get a whole table (seats 18-20)

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Since we're having the meeting Saturday afternoon at the the motel, we can vote on where to go. Both places sound pretty good. :D
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

As of now, Diane and I have to head east to State College tomorrow AM - for a reason I'll show you all Fri eve. Then a stop back home before heading to Cleveland. Should be at the hotel well in time to catch dinner with you all. I check in with Rick later in the day tomorrow. We'll plan on doing the market and brewery Saturday with everyone/whoever, then see the bike show Sunday before heading home (only 2 hrs away).

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I guess I'll volunteer to be the contact person for incoming folks. My cell # is 513.284.6927.

I'll have that phone on me all weekend.

Hope to see a lot of old friends, and make some new ones as well.
Rick Pope

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

Sorry for my late response to this. Meeting at 4pm on Saturday, Robby and I will be at the I-X center until close to that time. We can have the meeting inside the show area if everyone will be there, or at any other convenient location such as the hotel if more convenient. Then it's off to dinner!

Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Jan:
At least Diane and I and Bob and Cathy will be doing the show on Sunday and Rick and Susan on Friday, so the hotel would be the place to meet if you can swing it. 4 PM or so? Hope that works for you.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

4:00p at the motel works for us as well. See ya then.

We're pulling out of here in a couple of hours......Whoo-Hoooo.. :lol:
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Well, it was a fun weekend, filled with some motorcycle things, good friends, good food, more friends, Saturday evening at Sully's Irish Pub with fellow CBXers....too bad it had to end.

The show was a bit disappointing, as it seems to be smaller this year. But it was still interesting, I bought a couple of items from Roadgear, talked to some folks from a motorcycle oriented campground on the south side of the Smokies, and visited with the fine folks from the Marlinton area in WV. Not to mention bumping into a couple of old antique motorcyle friends (Antique bikes as well as antique friends), and getting to try on some new bikes to see if my butt fits.
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Seems like you guys made it back alright! It was good to see you again. It is always nice to meet in person on a more frequent base and not have to wait for summer.
Funny that I live in this area for 21 years now and have never been to Sully's before. Had lunch at the famous hot-dog place right next door, though.

I could not make it to the show on Sunday, Cindy still needed some support to get through her flu. I heard from other people that they were disappointed about the size of the show and what was there (and was not there).
Guess I didn't miss much. At least I was able to catch the last 6½ hours of the Daytona 24 hrs on Speed TV. This is the third year in a row that I did not make it, after the team I used to work with pulled out of DP.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

As reported, a small BUT quality event. A good time was had.

This one's for Chuck

New Commando

Friday Dinner at the Medina SteakHouse

Saturday Lunch at Great Lakes Brewery

Saturday Dinner at Sulley's Irish Pub in Medina
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”