Guy watching other street light... Yup... with better news

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Guy watching other street light... Yup... (Pics warning)

Post by wyly »

RJ CB650 wrote:Update:

Will be a bit as they process all the info, but not so bad now for mood, and it has been a bit lighter hearted after dealing with them on Monday. The first bit is they were upset that I was refused to be allowed to take my bike home. It is my property so as soon as a person asks, they must be allowed to pick it up unless is part of a police investigation for theft, etc.
Well you were understandably upset after the accident and not everyone understands/shares our devotion and concern with our special ride.
Second, is it impressed all the adjusters "Wow, nice bike" "How old?" "I have never seen a bike like this before" "Only thing close we got in our system is a goldwing and they are nothing like this" etc.
yeah it is very unique piece of technology not something you see everyday, I've only seen one other (10-15 yrs ago) in the last 30yrs...after not riding my Z for three decades I wasn't prepared for the attention it gets when I park it.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

after not riding my Z for three decades I wasn't prepared for the attention it gets when I park it.
I like the " Nice Bike.... :shock: ... (expletive) that's a 6 cylinder". :D
This year I had a Harley rider overtaking me on the Trans Canada slow down, have a look over, give me the thumbs up and continue on his way, which is when I saw his Hells Angels patch. :-)
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

swarrans
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by swarrans »

Mouse wrote:
after not riding my Z for three decades I wasn't prepared for the attention it gets when I park it.
This year I had a Harley rider overtaking me :-)
That must be a first for a CBX!

Simon

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

swarrans wrote:

Simon[/quote]

What? I stop for coffee sometimes while on the CBX... (See parking on street topic)

In all fairness though, those new road king ultras are almost tempting if I was in market for a touring bike....

I dare say I would prefer one of those over a Goldwing almost... but probably get a Triumph rocket over the pair?

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Guy watching other street light... Yup... with better ne

Post by RJ CB650 »

Another update. It is looking good for fixing!

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

swarrans wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Simon
:lol: mine would the 2nd then, I was cruising at 110 and yellow Harley flew by at a speed I couldn't guess, felt like I was standing still...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote: I was cruising at 110 and yellow Harley flew by at a speed I couldn't guess, felt like I was standing still...
I know that feeling.
Many years ago, I was doing an indicated 120mph( :shifty: ) on a friends CB750F and had his brother go by me so fast ..etc. Turns out he had pinned the speedo ( :naughty: )which on his Honda 1000 Interceptor was over 150mph.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:
wyly wrote: I was cruising at 110 and yellow Harley flew by at a speed I couldn't guess, felt like I was standing still...
I know that feeling.
Many years ago, I was doing an indicated 120mph( :shifty: ) on a friends CB750F and had his brother go by me so fast ..etc. Turns out he had pinned the speedo ( :naughty: )which on his Honda 1000 Interceptor was over 150mph.
my personal best was the summer of 78 when the Z was still a baby, 220 kph...now I'd like to say I ride like a granny but I've had a few granny's pass me on the freeway...

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote:my personal best was the summer of 78 when the Z was still a baby
So you were one of those who got an early release bike. Sweeet! :-)

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:
wyly wrote:my personal best was the summer of 78 when the Z was still a baby
So you were one of those who got an early release bike. Sweeet! :-)
yeah I was the 1st Z owner in Sask, that was part of the sales agreement I made with the Honda rep, among the first shipment to Canada...without digging into my paperwork I think I put my down payment in Jan or Feb, the Z was built in the first month of production, April I believe, it arrived in June...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Robert:

I have at least one owner in CAN who has a lower VIN-number than yours. His is 262. One of the real early bikes. Don't know if he is the original owner, though.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

EMS wrote:Robert:

I have at least one owner in CAN who has a lower VIN-number than yours. His is 262. One of the real early bikes. Don't know if he is the original owner, though.
well there's definitely earlier examples about but they're getting rare..I didn't notice if bike 262 is in CBX World's registry but the registry lists 29 Zs with lower serial numbers than mine, and there are probably others not registered...but CBX World's registry would put me at #2 for early serial number combined with length of ownership...

I saw Frame #10 in the netherlands this summer, no engine or anything else unfortunately.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I was talking Canada only.
In total I have 107 owners listed with lower serial numbers

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

EMS wrote:I was talking Canada only.
In total I have 107 owners listed with lower serial numbers
hey I'm good with having 108th oldest cbx in the world :D ...as for length of ownership I'm probably near the top, purchase date Feb 6/78...

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote:I saw Frame #10 in the netherlands this summer, no engine or anything else unfortunately.
I read some where that Honda Canada has the earliest numbered pre-production CBX still existing.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”