CBX back on the road, woo hoo!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

CBX back on the road, woo hoo!

Post by RJ CB650 »

Been a whirlwind adventure this year fixing carburetor issues. For those of you who don't frequent the technical side, over past few months, I had been trying to resolve a carburetor issue. Diagnosis and patience found an unusual cause....

In the past, somebody has put in el cheapo made in China needles. Result is as seen with the top cap popped off. Because of servicing I was doing, I just never caught it.... til the fourth time.

In addition, got some other service out of the way and some more tuning done and out of the way. Seems to like the 40 low speed jets put in. Did a highway ride with a good buddy of mine and was getting 32mpg at a nice 75-80mph range. From what I read, pretty respectable.

So woo hoo and thanks for all the help all. Running like a gem finally! Just took lots of undoing what others had done ^.^

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX back on the road, woo hoo!

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Congrats, RJ.
A fun bike to ride aren't they.
Still some decent riding time left in your season to enjoy your success.

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

Indeed! I go for rides with the canadian vintage motorcycle group every Thursday evening. Usually to some small town cafe for snacks like pie ^.^ I love my 82 nighthawk to pieces, but it just isn't as nice on the highway as the CBX...

Ooooohhhh... I missed that sound <3

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I am also in the CVMG with the Niagara chapter.
It is a very active, good bunch of guys with lots of gatherings but not a lot of riding. Not my cup o' tea.

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:I am also in the CVMG with the Niagara chapter.
It is a very active, good bunch of guys with lots of gatherings but not a lot of riding. Not my cup o' tea.
In Saskatchewan, we have two groups. There is the main Saskatchewan, and I am part of the South Sask. We promote weekly rides and they are quite fun. Not long or high miles, just a good cruise and chat.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”