79 CBX Buyer in Australia

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
HondaJohn
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

79 CBX Buyer in Australia

Post by HondaJohn »

I have a guy in Australia that wants a very nice 79 red CBX (he might take silver). I was going to sell him mine but it developed a couple of problems from sitting, so I told him that I am not going to sell now and I don't have the time to fix it. My wife and I both are fighting cancer so I don't have the time to wrench and screw up things in the garage like I have in the past 8 yrs or so. If anyone has a very nice 79 for sale, please get in touch with me and I can put you in touch with him. I think he already has the money assembled and has checked out transportation from the USA. I get the impression that he is not a wrencher so he does NOT want a bike to restore. PM me for more details if you have a bike to sell.
Note: I have a 76 goldwing that is 85% restored and have the parts to finish it but no time or energy to finish it. It developed 3 small pin hole gas tank leaks when I started it up a couple months ago, so this stopped my work on it. If anyone is interested in this, I will be willing to try and sell for exactly what I have in it - maybe I can break even. I have not even added up my investment yet but it has lots of new OEM parts on it. It has a total repaint, with striping etc... color is House of Color Brandywine - looks awesome.
79, 80, 81, 82 CBX's, 87 Hurr 1000F, 83CB1100F, 87 VFR700, 01 Blackbird
40 yrs of Hondas and still baffled....

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 79 CBX Buyer in Australia

Post by NobleHops »

Well John, I am very sorry to learn about your illness, and your wife's. Here's hoping you both kick it's ass. Cancer sucks.

Best wishes,

Nils Menten
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”