Carbs

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
CCrider
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Carbs

Post by CCrider »

I was looking at CBX videos on YouTube. I came across a video that had carburetors I'm not familiar with.
Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHWRlr-6TA

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Carbs

Post by EMS »

These are Keihin FCR carbs

CCrider
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CCrider »

Thanks for the information. I've seen them mentioned but didn't know what they looked like.

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

There seems to be a few Carb options for the CBX. How about someone with a lot of knowledge do a comparison of the options with pro's and cons for the technical library? Or is there one and l just don't see it?
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am sure not one of the guys with a lot of knowledge about these, but I know one thing: None of these carb options will offer an advantage over the stock carbs on a STOCK (!) CBX. That includes modified versions up to, maybe, 70mm bore. There are plenty of choices for rejetting and making the stock system work great, before you have to consider adapting another carb, which is a pain.
Remember, the CBX inlets form an angle, which you will have to meet. Otherwise you will create additional unequal inlet lengths that you have to overcome.
Also, a perfect tune involves inlet AND exhaust. With a custom carb, you may have to look into a different exhaust.
For an extreme custom or performance bike, that will be all worth the money and effort. For anything that is close to stock and a reliable rider, not.

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

Thanks EMS.
I had been wondering if the various Carb set ups l've seen made for easier carb tuning.
I've decided to get Mike Nixons carb book and work on mine over the winter. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Should be fun right? :laughing-rolling:
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”