things found in the airbox lead to caution

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
beedub
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

things found in the airbox lead to caution

Post by beedub »

I took off the air filter, it was well stuck, and found this inside it:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/brian.weir/Mot ... filter.jpg

note that it is a 13/16th!

and assorted seeds, nuts in the airbox:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/brian.weir/Mot ... dsnuts.jpg

so maybe its been a home to someone, eh?

this led to me very carefully probing around in it before touching anything else with my hands! like maybe dead critters. :o
Big and small, I like them all....bikes that is...

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

critters...

Post by Mike Nixon »

In 30 years in the motorcycle industry, I have found all sorts of things in airboxes. Guns, drugs, critters. Most thorough storage plans call for stuffing steel wool into exhaust and air openings, to keep out little animals. Mice like the insulation on wiring, too. Nothing you can do about that. Older snowmobiles and ATVs (some of the least frequently used powersports vehicles) almost always have nests inside their airboxes each spring.

Jeff Dean
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jeff Dean »

you gots critters beedub.

I was at the local Honda shop several weeks ago. The mechanic was working on a wing, it had been stored for a while. The owner said the lights were not working. While I was there he happen to pull one of the saddlebags off, man you should have seen the MOUSE NEST in there!!! Chewed up wiring, paper cups, straw, etc.

andy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by andy »

I recently restored a CB750 KO that hadn't been started in 25 years. After the usual carb work and fresh plugs, she fired right up. The 4 pipes had no baffles in them, and sounded extremely good. Looking behind me, it looked like it was snowing like crazy- then I figured out the pipes were blowing out mouse nests! :lol:
75 Kawa F7, 71 CB500-4, 79 750F, 82 750 Sabre, 83 Suzuki XN85 TURBO, 81 CBX, 69 CB750 X 14 (like those old Honda's a little)

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”