BMW restorer.

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

BMW restorer.

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Out for a ride on the weekend and ended up at an open house for a vintage BMW restoration shop.
Mike have you heard of a guy named Dutch Lammer?
Of the 30 or so bikes on display a couple of them were mint copies but most were riders which suited me fine.
The two-tone "smoke" paint scheme still looks great.
Surprising to me was of the 30 BMW bikes in the visitor parking, probably 25 of them were the dual purpose GS model.

whatscooking
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: BMW restorer.

Post by whatscooking »

I wish I could hit the lottery. I tell people that I am a motorcycle slut, I like them all. :clap:

Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Michael Vidovic »

love the two tone
my wife is looking at me nervously
i'll have to take the ipad into a corner of the house where she can't see me-i feel so cheap but it feels so gooooood!
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Steve:

Although I do own one, I am not that active and involved in the "Airhead" scene. Not familiar with Dutch Lammer :think: Where is he located?

Looks like he has all the desirable models there: R90S, both in Smoke and Daytona Orange, several R100Sess including a final edition and a R100RS Motosport. In addition to a couple of very sought after RS solo seats hanging on the wall :clap:
The R90Ses have become totally overpriced. Going rate for a good example is $8,000.- or more, with some reaching 15K. And all this while the R100S is the better bike. It is like with the CBX: Everybody wants a 79, and the 80 is the better bike and rarer.

I also very much like that Pagoda SL. I also have one of these. 8)

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Always fancied a red or blue K1 myself. just that little bit different! :flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike: Mel #1876
Last edited by cbxmel on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I had a bunch of other pics mostly of the older bikes but i stink as a cameraman.
The shop is near the small city of Wainfleet about 30 minutes from Hamilton.
30 years ago i wouldn't consider owning a BMW, now they are quite appealing. haha.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”