"CBX BOOK II" ... HELP NEEDED!?!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

"CBX BOOK II" ... HELP NEEDED!?!

Post by cbxian »

Hi Guys,

The "CBX Book II" is now "sold out" in Europe. I have some copies left in N.Ireland and will have some available for Sale at the "Irish CBX Euro Rally" in early-August. After that I will take some to the Clubs in Europe to satisfy any remaining demand there.

In USA I have a problem with distribution that I need the CBX Communities assistance with ... any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Louis Mintrone of usedcbxparts.com and Jan Ringnalda of ICOA are giving me tremendous support in helping distribute the "CBX Book II" in USA (as they did with the original "CBX Book" in 2011). Presently all the Books are in N.Florida at Louis' Shop. They are selling well and Louis is parceling and sending them out to happy customers.

My problem is that I am having difficulties getting the ICOA consignment delivered up to Ohio to Jan's place. The Commercial Shipping Costs will send my already stretched Budget overboard. This is a non-profit-making Book ... but I must ensure that it does not become a Loss-making Book!!! My questions ...
- Does anyone know any cheap method of Shipping these Books from Florida to Ohio?
- or anyone know someone driving a truck or trailer (bike collection, holiday, etc) between Florida and Ohio in need of some gas-money!?! Even to collect and deliver some of the Books.

There will be about 500 or 600 Books, so physically like the photo below.

ANY suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

Best Regards, IAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: "CBX BOOK II" ... HELP NEEDED!?!

Post by EMS »

It is probably Jan's and Louis' place to come up with that suggestion: For the ICOA rally in June ,there will probably be someone driving a vehicle with spare cargo room from FL to NC. If that person can bring at least some boxes, Jan could load them into his Sprinter van in Fontana and take them home......

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi EMS,

I have been 'brainstorming' with Jan and Louis since the Books arrived in February, but we haven't come up with a conclusion yet. We wanted to put it out to the wider CBX Community incase we have Shipping Experts reading this ... or even guys who know someone is driving North from Florida to Ohio. The more guys we can speak to, the more chance we get a better solution.

Good idea about the June Rally convergence of CBXers. I will talk to Jan about that. Thanks mate.

Best, IAN

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

EMS wrote:It is probably Jan's and Louis' place to come up with that suggestion: For the ICOA rally in June ,there will probably be someone driving a vehicle with spare cargo room from FL to NC. If that person can bring at least some boxes, Jan could load them into his Sprinter van in Fontana and take them home......
I am going on a bike so that will not work.My house is about 1 1/2 hour ride over to Fontana village. Even if I drive my truck it is not real good taking a chance of them getting wet. It has to be a enclosed trailer for sure. The problem is the weight for most guys.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

UShip might turn up a bargain. Not complicated to find out.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Really good idea Nils !!
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

I put the request on u-ship with my account, we will see what the quotes look like.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

All, the books arrived in Ohio last night. I am now in an airplane will be back this weekend. I will send emails out to all on wait list with details on ordering etc.
cheers, Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Great news Jan, Thanks for all the help!

Best, IAN

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”