National Rally

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

National Rally

Post by Ringnalda »

Things have been quiet on our site regarding the Rally in June. CBXWorld has featured it on their home page, and a number of interested people have booked from the CB1100F forum site. This should be a good event please make sure you book your rooms soon as availability is limited, and the cutoff date for the cheap room rate is APRIL 9!!!

Hope to see you there!

The National Rally for the ICOA will be held June 18th-21st.

Location: Fontana Village Resort. A little upmarket but come on, you know you're worth it! http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommoda ... abins.html

This rally site is only a few miles from the Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway and other awesome breathtaking roads.

As it is already getting late, please help us get the word of this event out to as many CBX'ers that may be interested in attending. There will be rides, there will be a bike show, there will be awards, there will be good company, good times and I have it on good authority, good weather! In order to reserve a room please call 1-800-849-2258 and press option #1. Mention group name CBX2015 to secure the special rate we have negotiated --cutoff for this rate is April 9th so don't delay, book now to get these special rally rates. This should be a great rally nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. There are restaurants and other facilities for everything you could wish for, please visit:
http://www.fontanavillage.com/
to view all the amenities,facilities and directions to the village. I apologize for the delay in getting this information out, but after a brutal winter on the east coast I am sure we are all ready for some fun in the sun!!

Hope to see many of you there with your CBX's!

Directions: Fontana Village Resort is located in western North Carolina, 20 miles north of Robbinsville on Highway 28 North on the western end of Fontana Lake.

From Knoxville, Tennessee, take Hwy 129 south from Knoxville to Maryville, TN. Just past Maryville, Hwy129 turns left off of the four lane highway. Drive carefully. This section of this route is a beautiful, but curvy mountain road known as the "Dragon" by car & bike enthusiasts. One mile past past the TN/NC state line turn left on Hwy 28 at Deals Gap. Continue on Hwy 28 for 8.6 miles.

For GPS Users
For GPS users, the coordinates to the Lodge for check-in are 35.4364112, -83.822342 35.4364112 -83.822342 N35° 26.1847', W083° 49.3405' or plug in the following address: 300 Woods Road. Fontana Dam, North Carolina 28733
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: National Rally

Post by EMS »

Is anybody RIDING down there from Ohio? Either I-77 or I-71/75..
Alternatively, who is traveling with a trailer?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Wait! - does this mean you might actually be going???? We are riding from here in PA.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

into%20a%20toilet[1] I am seriously considering it. What are you riding? Your Wing or a CBX?

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Wing

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

You think we would be tolerated, you on the Wing and we on the K16? :think:

ICOA #5762
ICOA Membership Director
ICOA Membership Director

Post by ICOA #5762 »

EMS:

I am hoping to trailer my 2 1982's - one X and one R. At this moment I am not positive, but will let you know. Get a trailer and bring both the BMW and your R :text-+1: . I have the reservations made and confirmed. 6 years ago Preston led us all to Barber and maybe we could do that again :twocents-02cents:

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Wow that is about 250-300 miles one way if you mean Barber Motorsports Park, vintage museum outside Leeds, Alabama. Long day! Worth the ride but a long way unless you did it on the way home or to Fontana Village.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Made my reservation. I may bring the CBX and the CB900F since there are going to be some F-bikes there too.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

ICOA #5762 wrote:EMS:

. Get a trailer and bring both the BMW and your R :text-+1: . :
John: I sold my trailer last year in the fall. Did not have a place to park it and I lost my towing vehicle. I am still contemplating what to do for the future. That's why I am probably riding the BMW. If I would still have the trailer, I would have brought two CBXes and the R.
But riding 650 miles one way two up, is a tall order for even the Prolink.

Jeff Davis
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Jeff Davis »

Deb & I will be there. Leaving maybe Wednesday night. No X wing run deb said need trailer.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Jeff: How are you riding down there? We consider going from Cleveland down I-71 to I-75. Care to go ride together or do you prefer to ride your own?
So far, we had planned to arrive Thu, but could go a day earlier.

Does anybody have an idea if there is a loose schedule of planned events per day?

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

I too am going but not riding the Cbx. I will be riding my K1200lt. It will be nice to put a face with fellow forum members.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

We are considering making it a two-day trip and riding the Prolink after all. First day from home to Cinncy, second day to Fontana! 8) After all, we would like to have a large number of Xes showing. :lol:

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Jeff, Terry, Mike: Great news that you are all going to the rally! We are riding the Wing down - might detour to Nashville on the way - we have the whole week, but in any case, will arrive at the rally on Wed PM. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dave

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”