'79 sport kit

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: '79 sport kit

Post by EMS »

Guys: I am sure, by now you all know that the "Sport Kit" configuration was standard equipment in Europe. Consequently, parts are available in large quantities over there as everybody who tinkers with a CBX and turns it into a "streetfighter" takes these parts off.
You will have a hard time to find a "NOS" Sport kit in Europe, however, because the kit was never available in a complete form there. Anybody who offers a "kit" has put it together from parts. You can find NOS handlebars and NOS footpeg plates, NOS switches and even NOS brake spindles. But hardly everything together in one package.
If you buy used parts, you should be able to get done with less than 500 Euro. I would definitely buy new cables. Expense is little.
Contrary to Dave's opinion, I do not think you absolutely need the brake spindle. The kit also has a different shift lever and while you need the longer linkage, you will get by with the US lever. You also don't need the left side switch housing. The European switch housings are different from the U.S. Sport kit. The right side has a light on-off switch and the left side has a flash-to-pass button. Check ebay.de for the best availability. You can spend $1,000.-+ for a U.S. Sport Kit, but.....well, you know what I think :roll:

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”