Ian Foster CBX book #1, want to buy

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Chm
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Ian Foster CBX book #1, want to buy

Post by Chm »

Hi,
I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of thr first CBX book from Ian.
Already tried Ian, the German forum snd the Swedish forum with no luck, also googled, did Amazon and eBay wothout success. I'm hoping someone here will have a second book for sale or know some unlucky person who sold their bine and maybe would seel the book as well.
Any advice or leads are aprechiated!

Carl-Hugo

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Ian Foster CBX book #1, want to buy

Post by cbxian »

Hi Carl,

When I Published the original red "CBX Book" I underestimated the response (I had no previous experience) and did not Print enough copies to satisfy the ultimate demand. The red Books sold out around the World in 6 months. When they do appear for sale on eBay they tend to be quite expensive, anywhere from US$150 up to $300!!

Taking this all into account I would consider doing a Reprint (updated info of course) of the original "CBX Book" ... and of course this one would be in the CBX-A Black colour-scheme!! I need to make sure that there is the demand to fill the minimum Order required by the Printers. I have put an Advert in the new silver "CBX Book II" asking about this, see Page 416. Anyone who wants a copy can send me an email to ian@netvigator.com and I will put you on the List.

Best Regards, IAN
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

cbxian wrote:Hi Carl,

When I Published the original red "CBX Book" I underestimated the response (I had no previous experience) and did not Print enough copies to satisfy the ultimate demand. The red Books sold out around the World in 6 months. When they do appear for sale on eBay they tend to be quite expensive, anywhere from US$150 up to $300!!

Taking this all into account I would consider doing a Reprint (updated info of course) of the original "CBX Book" ... and of course this one would be in the CBX-A Black colour-scheme!! I need to make sure that there is the demand to fill the minimum Order required by the Printers. I have put an Advert in the new silver "CBX Book II" asking about this, see Page 416. Anyone who wants a copy can send me an email to ian@netvigator.com and I will put you on the List.

Best Regards, IAN
Doing a black book sounds like an amazing idea. :D Have you had much response yet?

BTW - I think that you get a lot of people remarking on how cool the end result of all of your research etc. is, but I also want to add that I think it's just a great project. I don't think I have a real sense of what it takes to go from conception to finished result for something like this, but I am certain that it's a huge undertaking. It's really great that you have the means, motive, and opportunity to pull off a single book like this, much less two (and hopefully a 2nd edition of the first!)
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi Phil,

One has to be "crazy" to undertake a Book Project like this (time, effort, and expense!) ... never mind 2, and possibly 3 Books!!! I should be "Certified inCBXsane !!!" (hehehe)

I have had a passion for CBXs since seeing my first used by the white-suited Travelling Marshalls on silver CBX-Zs at the NW200 Road Races in N.Ireland when I was 15 years old. That made a lasting impression. I bought my first CBX-A when I was 25 studying in WashingtonDC and have had some great adventures on that Bike. A number of other CBXs have joined that first Bike in my Collection!

The Books were created to promote the CBX, so I need everyone's help around the World to introduce me to Bike Mag Journalists so that I can send them FREE copies to show them how amazing the CBX is!!!

Best, IAN
Last edited by cbxian on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Michael Vidovic
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Michael Vidovic »

cbxian wrote:Hi Carl,

Best Regards, IAN
Count me in
Book 2 is a beautiful piece of work.

Michael
...always walk out of the room smarter than you walked in...

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”