Cleveland 2015?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Cleveland 2015?

Post by Rick Pope »

Okay folks, it's barely a month away. The Progressive motorcycle show in Cleveland is Jan. 30 / Feb.1. A few of us are contemplating going, and doing the usual socializing/dining. If you're interested, chime in and we'll arrange a motel.

If there's enough interest, Susan and I will attend. We'll arrive Friday afternoon, and go directly to the show. Supper afterwards at...?

In the past, we've gone to the West Side Market on Saturday morning. If you like food, this is a must see place. Afterwards we have gone to lunch at the Great Lakes Brewery, which is about 2 blocks away from the market.

Saturday night is usually a group meal somewhere. Last time it was at a cool micro-brewery that Mike Simon (EMS) knows.

Of course, any or all of these ideas can be altered to suit our needs. Suggestions are welcome.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Cleveland 2015?

Post by Will »

Count me in as a maybe.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Due to the underwhelming response on this, it looks like there will be very little CBX representation in Cleveland this year. In fact, I couldn't shake up much interest in anything else either.

We're still open that weekend, so if a few of y'all would like to continue the tradition, I'm game.

Perhaps we need to start now for something in 2016?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Being the closest, I will not be there. I am getting ready to go to Daytona and on from there. As posted before, the hotel you guys used the last few years is still there and open.
If you care to try something new as far as lunch on Saturday, right next to the West Side market is the Market Garden Brewery, very similar to Great Lakes, with a nice menu. We had an event there end of last year. Enjoyed it.
The Crawford Auto and Aviation museum may be worth checking out.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Rick: We will be going at least for the bike show and can overnight if you folks or anyone else are going.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

At this time we don't plan to go, but if a few folks show interest, we'd be packing. It's always been a good time.
Rick Pope

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

Since I have a strange scouser staying with me, it would be almost unethical for us not to make an appearance. So Geoff and I will be there on Saturday for the show and group dinner. We may not be in time for the food stuff but would probably want to meet somewhere for lunch!

Cheers, Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”