Crazy weather near Buffalo.

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Crazy weather near Buffalo.

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Patrick[Sharpie66] lives in Holland, NY which is in the middle of this crazy band of lake effect snow.
6-8 feet of snow in 3 days...i hope things are still safe for you.
Same thing goes for you, Will.
This small clip is from Tuesday showing the wall of snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9XNRHxKbg

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Crazy weather near Buffalo.

Post by EMS »

This is really nasty. Looks like we here in NE Ohio have been spared the worst, although Ashtabula county had some 5+ feet of snow also.
"Will" - Will Hoctor? If so, he is O.K. He posted this on the "Brewer list": 8)
I don’t have a snow blower; I have a V8 pick-up truck with a plow. Unfortunately, I was playing Good Samaritan, was
going around the block, to pull out a vehicle stuck in front of my house, encountered a white out (zero visibility), got
out of the existing ruts, and got stuck. So that truck is about an eighth mile away. But, it wouldn’t do any good to
have it home. We did see a town plow yesterday afternoon. It took a while. There is a state of emergency in effect,
so even after the plow went by, there was no traffic. There was no place to go. Everything around here is
closed; stores, malls, restaurant, etc. I live about a half mile from Interstate 90. It is still closed from the
Pennsylvania line to about Rochester, NY. There are still, at this point in time approximately 100 vehicles stuck
on that road, including a bus with the girls’ basketball team from Niagara University who has been stuck there
for over 24 hours. Just to show what a freaky storm this is, last night the Buffalo Sabres NHL hockey team
held a game. The parking lots were clear. I live maybe 15 miles south of that building. We only have about
6 feet of show in my driveway. My sister lives about 20 miles south. As of yesterday, she only had a few inches.
Freaky. Will Hoctor

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

Thanks for the well wishes, Steve. We will survive, but won’t ride a cycle until 5 or 6 feet of this stuff melts.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Will wrote: won’t ride a cycle until 5 or 6 feet of this stuff melts.
Well, I'll be! I thought that picture I saw on the news today was you, Will:

Sharpie66
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Sharpie66 »

Crazy weather for sure here in Western New York. My shop is in the area of South Buffalo that got the worst of it. I was there late Monday night and one of the last few that made it out before they shut the Hwys down. Grateful to have spent the last 4 days home with family.

I live in the country south of the city which is the beginning of ski country. Here is a pic from my side door this morning.
image.jpg
I am used to this weather, having lived here for 25 years.

There have been 10 deaths associated with Winter Storm Knife, the official name for it, and my prayers go out to those who have lost loved ones during this storm.

Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”