IVI CBX Titanium

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Imagine!VehiclesInt
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: IVI CBX Titanium

Post by Imagine!VehiclesInt »

Sorry for not being more active and more prompt in our replies. We are already working on an IVI CBX 2.1 as well as on other crazy stuff. Too many dreams, too little time....
Just to address some of your questions: the exhaust is made out of 0.64 Titanium. Now the ones of you who worked with Titanium know how hard it is to bend and to nicely weld it. We left it raw on purpose.
All body work (besides the gas tank that was actually cut, modified and rewelded) was hand made and it's only hand brushed and clear coated. No paint no bondo, no cheating....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Imagine!VehiclesInt

RJ CB650 wrote:Love that single cam there, IVI!

Gotta ask about the brakes. I know on the SOHC4 forums that the topic of brake conversion comes up repeatedly and converting to rear disc, etc for project bikes. Are you active there or have more info on the front/rear mod? I have seen F swaps and that gets talked about all the time and i got EBC's on my bike for rotors, but those brembo's! :pray:
Hello RJ
We use Ducati front Bembo's (used on some Ducatis and KTMs) with a machined adapter and a Cb1100 rear 2 piston caliper.
Didn't have time to put it on CB forums yet but give us a couple of days.
This is actually my older son"s bike (he's 6), we are working on identical one for his brother (who's 4), in a metallic Blue color.
I guess we still have time (about another 12 years) to finish it, right on time for his license...
We build these bikes to last forever: the side covers and the tail are hand made steel pieces that replicate the fragile factory plastic ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Dig your F man !! my F3,, fastest CB750 ever made from the factory, like to see your mods when complete Image

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Imagine!VehiclesInt wrote:
Gearheadgregg wrote:Bike is pretty cool in my opinion , lots of work for sure ! hope Post and comments i see here does not stop new members from showing their pride on this Forum, But ya know what ? i have too many hits on my You-tubes and 1st place trophies to let a small group like this piss on my Cheerios, couple here i own for the purist don't get their panties in a wad :lol: Image
Hey, Gregg, thank you for liking our bike. By the way, I see you have a nice 750SS there. Here is our take on it.
Dude !! just seen your F !! Saweeeet ! Very nice thanks for sharing !

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

NobleHops wrote:
Jeff Bennetts wrote:What I enjoy the most about the builds here, wether it be stock, modified or super modified is the problem solving that the builder's share with us here on the forum. It allows the forum members to be part of the process, it's a give and take that keeps the forum fresh. There have probably been a half dozen heavily modified builds documented on this forum over the past year or so and all you need to do is look at the number of pages those threads generate, quite a bit more than the normal run of the mill topic.

Personally for me I don't necessary have to be head over heals about the direction someone's taking during their build to still be engaged and interested in their progress.

Unfortunately IVI CBX's first post was of his completed CBX, maybe if the forum members could have seen the bike while it was being built, all his hard work could be appreciated more, regardless if it isn't your cup of tea.
This is very well stated, I agree with all of it. :text-+1: :text-goodpost:
Ya......what they said 8)

p.s. would love to see more pics of this build ( during & completed).

p.p.s. IVI, rocky 'Welcome', huh? We're a passionate bunch....we'll grow on ya ;-)

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

RJ CB650 wrote:Love that single cam there, IVI!

Gotta ask about the brakes. I know on the SOHC4 forums that the topic of brake conversion comes up repeatedly and converting to rear disc, etc for project bikes. Are you active there or have more info on the front/rear mod? I have seen F swaps and that gets talked about all the time and i got EBC's on my bike for rotors, but those brembo's! :pray:
Hello RJ
We use Ducati front Bembo's (used on some Ducatis and KTMs) with a machined adapter and a Cb1100 rear 2 piston caliper.
Didn't have time to put it on CB forums yet but give us a couple of days.
This is actually my older son"s bike (he's 6), we are working on identical one for his brother (who's 4), in a metallic Blue color.
I guess we still have time (about another 12 years) to finish it, right on time for his license...
We build these bikes to last forever: the side covers and the tail are hand made steel pieces that replicate the fragile factory plastic ones.
Now I am sporting a tremendous woody! Please continue!

I am personally very interested in how you worked out the chassis dynamics - wheelbase, steering head angle, fork length, clearance for that beastly wide engine, all that tedious but critical stuff. When you have a few cycles can you go a little bit into that please?
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

All I have to say is that your attention to detail and workmanship is superb. Keep up the good work.

regards Mel UK 1876
:flags-usa: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Jeff,

You nailed it. :D
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

IVI,

Your posts are MOST welcome. Keep the good work coming. Thanks,
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Imagine!VehiclesInt

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Welcome to the site.
Lots of nice bits on your custom build.
Thank goodness we have varying opinions on these brutes. It would be so boring if we didn't.
Got any video of the bike going down the road.

Thank you Steve. I have a video of it running. I'll post shortly ! I'm happy you like it.

Thank you Steve. I have a video of it running. I'll post shortly ! I'm happy you like it.[/quote]

I've been trying to upload the video to the forum for you, but am not having much luck. I posted it on my new YouTube channel if you would like to see it there instead.

http://youtu.be/XxXUzYhlKK0

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Wow! It sounds superb. Well done. We could do with some of your sun and palm trees!!!

all the best Mel 1876
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the clip. "Unique" camera spot.
The bike sounds good and i am surprised it is not louder.
Do you have crazy drivers in your area. Looks like you got crowded by trucks a couple times.

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Vernon, CA. is a very industrial suburb of Los Angeles. Lots of trucks and industry. Not a lot of housing.
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

Great looking bike and sounds fantastic!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Here's an embed of the 'running' video. Thanks for posting that:

Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”