What did you do to your bike today?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: What did you do to your bike today?

Post by cbxmel »

Hi again,

Will ship when I pull one out of my store room. Will let you know when it is available for collection. You should join the club then you will find out how many cbx's in USA and Canada!!

cheers Mel
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

No pics but went on a ride yesterday with a couple of mates - one on an Indian Chief, the other on a Triumph rocket.

We stopped off for a hearty breakfast. I think the other 2 were a little nose-out-of-joint when we got back to the bikes to find a little crowd surrounding my CBX and their big cruisers being largely ignored! :laughing-rolling:

It never ceases to amaze me how people are drawn to these machines. Actually, it doesn't - they are truly unique. 8)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari

sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by sasquash »

I also got a ride in yesterday. Temperature was 12 degrees Celsius and sunny - such good fortune for a February day in Toronto.

Now waiting to see if this is a harbinger of an early spring or just a cruel joke.

peter
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

sasquash wrote:I also got a ride in yesterday. Temperature was 12 degrees Celsius and sunny - such good fortune for a February day in Toronto.

Now waiting to see if this is a harbinger of an early spring or just a cruel joke.

peter
cruel...it was 14c the other day main roads are clear, there were other riders out but I'm still stranded with 4 meter wide strip of ice covered by water on the road directly in front of my drive...so close but still to risky for the Z, even my car was slipping and sliding on that small patch...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

wyly wrote:started wet sanding with 1500, and went down to 1200 where required, then progressed upward through 1500, 2000 and 2500...then finished it Meguiars polishing compounds, five in all...mirror finish :-) Done!....sort of :?
How about some photos of reflections in the tank? And how about inviting over a friend who's into photography to do it? :lol:
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by sasquash »

wyly wrote:cruel...it was 14c the other day main roads are clear, there were other riders out but I'm still stranded with 4 meter wide strip of ice covered by water on the road directly in front of my drive...so close but still to risky for the Z, even my car was slipping and sliding on that small patch...
Wyly, I'm surprised that with all the innovation you've shown with your CBX projects that you haven't designed and built a flamethrower to melt that ice barrier.
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Syscrush wrote:
wyly wrote:started wet sanding with 1500, and went down to 1200 where required, then progressed upward through 1500, 2000 and 2500...then finished it Meguiars polishing compounds, five in all...mirror finish :-) Done!....sort of :?
How about some photos of reflections in the tank? And how about inviting over a friend who's into photography to do it? :lol:
I could've pushed it outside and the lighting would've been better, it'll have to wait until I'm walking better Dr wouldn't be pleased if I tear open the incisions on my knee...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

sasquash wrote:
wyly wrote:cruel...it was 14c the other day main roads are clear, there were other riders out but I'm still stranded with 4 meter wide strip of ice covered by water on the road directly in front of my drive...so close but still to risky for the Z, even my car was slipping and sliding on that small patch...
Wyly, I'm surprised that with all the innovation you've shown with your CBX projects that you haven't designed and built a flamethrower to melt that ice barrier.
a big roofers torch would do it....I thought about chopping and hammering it out but my lazy nature won out...20 gals of methyl-hydrate would do it but one of neighbors would report me...

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

10 days post surgery I was limping well enough to get out of the house and take advantage of a sale on motorcycle lift table, $374 :D ...always wanted one but the normal pricing on these things made it hard to justify...

it's okay for the price but the ramp up to the table is too short, in trying the roll the Z on to the table it hit the steep ramp and pushed the entire table forward...I'll need make a longer wooden ramp or take the existing ramp to a machine shop and double it's length... other than the ramp and no holes to secure my tie down straps I'm pleased with my purchase, a couple of modifications and I'll no longer have to get on my knees or lay on my back on the concrete floor... :D

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

Yesterday I heard it run for the first time in about 15 months!
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Syscrush wrote:Yesterday I heard it run for the first time in about 15 months!
yeah that first time it fires up can be better than sex!...in this case an aural orgasm 8) ....

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

wyly wrote:
Syscrush wrote:Yesterday I heard it run for the first time in about 15 months!
yeah that first time it fires up can be better than sex!...in this case an aural orgasm 8) ....
I hope I never get that old..... :o
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

Fitted new boots! probably a good thing as the old ones were date stamped 2002 :P
Tyres.jpg
Got caught in a rain storm on the way to the shop and then on the way home again! No rain coat so I was properly soaked :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mello
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Mello »

The annual DJ run (Durban to Johannesburg) for vintage bikes was held this past weekend (http://www.djrun.co.za/). The old bikes rode on Friday and Saturday. I had a few friends taking part so decided to head down early on Saturday morning and watch them making their way to Johannesburg.

Ready to go, just after 6am.
20170311_061525.jpg
Somewhere along the way.
20170311_080558.jpg
We met up with the race after a good breakfast. Some of the old bikes .....
20170311_100612.jpg
20170311_141052.jpg
20170311_152410.jpg
20170311_152353.jpg
20170311_152423.jpg
And some Honda's (not part of the event
IMG-20170310-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20170311-WA0019.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the pics, Mello.
We got socked with snow last night so photos of warm weather and cool bikes are nice to see.
I like the front disc brake on the 1918 Harley.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”