What did you do to your bike today?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: What did you do to your bike today?

Post by sasquash »

I loaded the X onto the trailer and drove an hour
Mouse, say it's not so! Tell us what you really did was sling a leg over the X and rode for an hour. :shock:
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

my pm feature seems not to work at times, like today ...I've sent two pm's to cbxmel and they both just sit there, has anyone else encountered this problem?
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

sasquash wrote:
Mouse, say it's not so! Tell us what you really did was sling a leg over the X and rode for an hour. :shock:
in mouses defense it wasn't the most pleasant weather I wouldn't have ventured out on that road either yesterday...and that road tends to have some very nasty cross winds as you exit or enter the mountain valley ...

I was however amused by his arrival a week early :lol: ...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

wyly wrote:my pm feature seems not to work at times, like today ...I've sent two pm's to cbxmel and they both just sit there, has anyone else encountered this problem?
Your PM's will sit in the "outbox" until they are opened by the recipient :-)
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

thanks phil...good to know.

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

sasquash wrote:
I'm happy I trailered as I ran into sleet squalls :no and strong headwinds on the way home. :shifty:
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

HI all;
Yesterday saw Wyly and I make our 2nd annual attendance to the Calgary Kickstarter show. This year I actually showed up with my CBX :-)
The show was smaller this year but a couple of the bikes caught my eye. 1st a well crafted chopper, and 2nd a very well restored Royal Enfield from the 50's. While I dislike choppers in general the build was well thought out and craftmanship was excellent. I ended up voting for the Enfield because the restoration was spot on, the bike looked factory fresh.
After the show we stopped in at a local bike dealer and found another CBX parked in front and had a few fellows come over to admire and chat. Photo is of Wyly and bike with the blue body work in place, he should have entered his bike as his paint work was much better than many of the other bikes in the show. Except for getting the willies :icon-eek: riding in traffic on a busy 6 lane city expressway for the first time in 20+yrs it was a good day out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by sasquash »

Hey Mouse,
riding in traffic on a busy 6 lane city expressway for the first time in 20+yrs it was a good day out.
Well done!
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

sasquash wrote:Hey Mouse,
riding in traffic on a busy 6 lane city expressway for the first time in 20+yrs it was a good day out.
Well done!
he did well for a country boy...I live here and I'm intimidated by one short 1/4 mile stretch where two lanes accelerate merging into the same lanes as the expressway traffic exits on, I really hate that short stretch it's a 1/4 mile x 75mph death dance...kinda strange I wanted to take the slower route through the city and Mouse suggested the expressway :lol:

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:HI all;
Yesterday saw Wyly and I make our 2nd annual attendance to the Calgary Kickstarter show. This year I actually showed up with my CBX :-)
The show was smaller this year but a couple of the bikes caught my eye. 1st a well crafted chopper, and 2nd a very well restored Royal Enfield from the 50's. While I dislike choppers in general the build was well thought out and craftmanship was excellent. I ended up voting for the Enfield because the restoration was spot on, the bike looked factory fresh.
this chopper? it was one of top favourites 7251
the Enfield was excellent, I thought it was a new build at first :oops:
my vote went to the Honda Cafe 7252

Mouse wrote: Photo is of Wyly and bike with the blue body work in place, he should have entered his bike as his paint work was much better than many of the other bikes in the show.
kind words mouse but I still see a number of flaws in my paint work... I might consider entering next year if you enter your cb400f...but I feel I need something more than just nice paint :? ...and then I'd be obligated to actually polish my pipes :shock: seems like a lot of work to me :lol: ...

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

That is a nice rigid Triumph !!
I think I like mine more :-)
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

went for a 2 hr ride yesterday...the weather was fantastic the Z pulled hard and buttery smooth throughout the rpm range just like it did when I brought it home 39 years ago, other than a few cars trying to kill me it was a fantastic day :D ...on one of three stops someone stole the Walmart watch that I keep strapped to my handlebar :x ...

sasquash
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by sasquash »

I received and just finished reading (most of) the latest issue of Fast Times, a motorcycle mag with lots of stories with Canadian content. The subscription is a Christmas gift from my daughter and it beats by two tires and a chain, a tie or 'best dad' coffee mug.

Anyway, I thought I would let others in on the treasure. The stories are well written, the photos are great and the end result is a couple of hours of good entertainment.

Here's the link if you want to get a sense of what the mag is all about.

http://www.fasttimesmag.com/home

peter
6ix-78-9

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

BMW demo day! :D ...I took out a R1200R, abs brakes! traction control! quick shift!...the technology was to much to take in a short one hour ride much of it through heavy traffic at speed, all my attention was focused on just staying alive and keeping in contact with the group...once on the country roads it was joy, what a great machine! buckets of torque(it likes to wheelie :shock: ) light and nimble....when pushed the suspension is so far superior to the Z but for just cruising around the Z (with my upgrades) soaks up the rough pavement just as well...I kept forgetting I didn't need to use the clutch with the quick shifter, it works well but the clutch is so light I used it regardless :lol: ... in the end it's a bit soulless and getting back on my 39yr old dinosaur afterwards was like putting on old comfy slippers, or sitting in my favourite chair, it felt just right, homey even...

next week a Ducati Scrambler ...and then the week after a 1200 Monster R, I hope not to die, that's a serious upgrade in power over any street bike I've ridden before...

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I saw a cbx collection for sale in the local buy and sell so today I rode 45mins north into the country to have a look....owner wanted $12k for three bikes and all his spares, NOS and used ...he has 5 cbx that I counted, two more he was selling separately...he thought had 2 or 3 frames somewhere in a trailer, spare engines, tanks, carbs, maybe another complete ride with all his spares...I offered to buy some of his spares but he was committed to selling it as a package, he's prepared to never sell if he doesn't get his price...he also had a mid 70's 750K that he wanted to sell but was still to attached to it at the moment...I left my name and number in case he has a change of heart :( ...it was one of those situations you see in those "Picker" tv shows, barn find heaven, here I finally find one and ride away with nothing...

I advised him to post his add here but he's new to computers so it might take awhile...

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”