IAN FOSTER CBX BOOK #2- COST

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

IAN FOSTER CBX BOOK #2- COST

Post by Louis »

I have spoken to Ian and the book cost for anyone in the USA, CANADA and S AMERICA will be ****$50.00****
Shipping anywhere in the USA ONLY will be $16.00 with fees. For $16.00 I can send up to 2 books in this Med Flat rate box. So if you decide on 1 or 2 books the shipping cost will be the same.

Looks like shipping cost to CANADA will be $50.00 and up to 2 books as well.

South America will be like any other place in the world and will be $65.00 and this is up to 2 books as well.

If anyone wants more then 2 books you will have to email me at USEDCBXPARTS@HOTMAIL.COM to get shipping cost.
Ian also said there is no limit on how many you guys want. Again these will be on a first come basis until they are gone.

*****************************NOTE BOOKS ARE IN ***********************

For all you guys that think I make money on these I do not. I am doing this for the good of the CBX and guys that want them. The cost is for the books, shipping and paypal fees. If you do not have paypal or do not want to use paypal you can send a check as well. Again you will have to email me when the time comes.
Last edited by Louis on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigbob81
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: IAN FOSTER CBX BOOK #2- COST

Post by bigbob81 »

Hey Ian! Can't wait! Are there any copies of book one available?

bigbob81
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bigbob81 »

Ooops! Sorry Louis!

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

bigbob81 wrote:Ooops! Sorry Louis!
They only way you are going to get one of those if you can squeeze one out of somebody or Ebay. They are long gone.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Well today was a early Christmas at my place I bet you can guess what came for me to look at???? yes you are correct I got a final copy of the book 2 and it is a amazing thing for sure. I have John Currie from Scotland over at my place for a couple weeks and he is the 1st to look at the book. I had to grab a napkin to stop all the drool from getting all over the pages. He final after 2 hours came out of the cbx cottage with a big smile on his face....... He said it was fantastic. Well I will look at it this eve after I break his arms to get it from him again. Anybody that wants to come by and look at it your are welcome to do so. I have a few people that will be here over the next couple days that will also look at it. Will get back to you with a date as soon as I know I will have the complete shipment.

By the way it was signed by the world famous Ian Foster.

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

Mine came too; very nice job, being Dutch I did recognize a little 'Amsterdam-flair' in this copy. Very nice compilation again and a great compliment to book #1.

As soon as the pallet of books arrives here in Ohio shipments can start to go out to interested parties. Please wait with placing orders until the books are here...! :text-thankyouyellow:

Cheers, Jan
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi Louis, Jan, et al,

My apologies for the delays getting the Books to USA. It was much easier to get them sent to Europe and Britain, so that has now been done and folks there will be getting their Books soon.

I am heading back to Hong Kong now but going to be tied up with real Work for the foreseeable future. I will get the Shipment to USA organised as soon as I can and will keep you all informed.

Best, IAN
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

MANY thanks for doing these projects Ian. As you have learned the books are treasure to us all. It will be well worth the wait I'm sure.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Hope the turmoil in Hong Kong will pass you by, Ian! Keep your p...r up.

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Louis, I appreciate that you are giving of your time to help us get our books. Thanks much for that.
Waiting patiently.

GregW
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by GregW »

I, too, am looking forward to receiving my copy of CBX #2.
Thanks to all who are making this happen.
Best to ya, Ian!!
You can never have too many motorcycles.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

An interesting side-note: Ian Foster was quoted in an article I read about the increase in value of collectible cars. In his capacity as the President of the Hong Kong Classic Car Club (I think, it is called), he commented on the current practice of rich Chinese from the mainland who store their classic car purchases from abroad in Hong Kong, as the Chinese government does not allow the import of "old cars" into China.
As soon as this opens up, EVERYTHING halfway decent goes into China for horrendous prices and nobody here will be able to afford to buy a 1974 Porsche Turbo anymore. Bikes will be next.

johnod
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by johnod »

Has the book shown up yet in the USA?
I'd like to get one.
Anyone?

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi 'Johnod',

The copies of "CBX Book II" for the American ansd Canadian Markets are winding their way onboard a Ship to Florida as we speak. Louis Mintrone (of usedcbxparts.com) will collect them from the Port in a couple of weeks time, and send half of them on to Jan Ringnalda (ICOA President) in Ohio. You will be able to order a copy of the Book from them in due course.

CBXers in South America and around the World should contact me direct and I can send you a copy of the Book ... cheaper Surface mail is available if you don't mind waiting a month!

Best, IAN
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

kbart1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by kbart1 »

hey all

just looking for an update on the new book? anybody know if its in the U.S. now? Louis do you have them for sale yet? can I prepay for 1 or 2 even if there not here yet?

thx
kent

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”