Ian's cross-USA Truck adventure ... August 2014?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Ian's cross-USA Truck adventure ... August 2014?

Post by cbxian »

Hi Guys,

In August 2014 I will be doing another of my cross-USA Truck Drives picking up some Bikes along the way. If there are any Bike Shows/Rallies/Events on please let me know ... or any good Bike Museums?

I need to work out my itinerary, but it will be something like ... start on the East Coast (probably Baltimore) on about Wed.6th August 2014, then head through PA, maybe pick up some copies of "CBX Book II" from Jan's place in Ohio on 7th., then to collect a nice CBX-A in Illinois on 8th., then to a "Foster Family Reunion" in South Dakota on Saturday 9th/10th, then straight cross-country via Nebraska, and probably the Northern route (even though VERY boring drive!) to Utah salt flats Racing on 13th, then on to San Fransisco to see the 'Pebble Beach Show' on Saturday 16th, and hopefully to meet CA CBXers at Rock Store in Los Angeles on Sunday 17th (are you guys around?).

If anyone has time to hook up for a coffee along the route it would be great to meet for a chat.

If anyone knows of any interesting Bikes for Sale along this route, please let me know at ian [at] netvigator [dot] com. Looking for a 1983 GPZ1100A3, 1985 GSXR750, Suzuki XN85 Turbo, Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo, 1979 CB750 10th Anniversary, etc.

Best, IAN
Ian Foster
ian@netvigator.com)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Ian's cross-USA Truck adventure ... August 2014?

Post by EMS »

Looks like Cleveland, Ohio is out of the way, Ian! :think:

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

Ian, I am in Rochester, Minnesota, which may be along your route on the way to South Dakota, if you will be traveling on Interstate 90. I would love to meet up with you, if your schedule allows it, and with a little advance notice, it might be possible for a few CBX riders to come down from the Twin Cities (St. Paul/Minneapolis) also. Keep us informed about your route and schedule.
SCH Rochester, MN

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

Hi EMS and Spencer,

I need to consult a map, but meeting like-minded CBX fanatics is always good craic!

I will keep you informed of my itinerary.

Best, IAN
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”