New Guy Checking In

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
d9canada
New Member & Happy To Be Here

New Guy Checking In

Post by d9canada »

Hi Everyone!
I just purchased an 82 CBX in January. I've got at least one copy of every displacement Honda 4 from 73 to 82, except 400 and 500, plus a 75 GL1000 and my CBX - and an 02 Sportster 883. I'm most active on the Yahoo CB900C group and Naked Goldwings. I owe all I've learned to forums like this.

Incidentally, on the Facebook group, there was a post saying someone in British Columbia was distributing 6:6 pipes of some kind, but the poster couldn't remember the name. I got a quote from Pipemasters. Apparently they only sell the SS version now and with tax etc, a set would be nearly $3000, nearly what I paid for my bike! I would like to find a less costly 6:6 set. I had a quick look through the Exhaust and Best of sections .. does anyone know who the BC distributor is?

There's really only one thing I need right now - does anyone know where I can get the rubber covers that go over the bolts for the rear grab rail. Perhaps there's a non-OEM solution? A couple of mine are badly torn. Suggestions?

Ride safe!
Brian

82 CBX
75 GL1000
Honda 4s 350F-900C

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Guy Checking In

Post by EMS »

Welcome, Brian! Interesting addiction you have there to Honda 4s. 8) :D
I have seen somebody using black hard plastic plugs from (he told me) furniture , which fit the bolt holes on the grab rail perfectly. Check the hardware store. :think:

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Hi ya, Brian.
There are a couple other B.C. members that are active on the site. Hopefully one of them will chime in if they know about the exhaust distributor.
A group shot of all those Honda cylinders would be great.

solarmoose
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by solarmoose »

Welcome Brian,
This is a great place for all things CBX. Be sure to let us know how the '82 is doing, maybe some shots of the X in downtown Victoria?
I visited Victoria a couple times in the 80's and enjoyed it.
David

rc166

Post by rc166 »

Hi Brian, This is Dave in Calgary, I am new as well, I would be very interested in a set of pipes as well, I have a 82 CBX

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

d9canada wrote:Hi Everyone!
Hi, and welcome!
I just purchased an 82 CBX in January.
Cool.
I've got at least one copy of every displacement Honda 4 from 73 to 82, except 400 and 500, plus a 75 GL1000 and my CBX - and an 02 Sportster 883.
You can't just post those words, man - WHERE ARE THE PICS AT??? :D
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Neiko1967
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Neiko1967 »

d9canada congratulations on the next level. I use to be on the Yahoo board also back in the day but only have time for the CB750 board and these 2 CBX boards. Your new best friend for parts will be Louis and can be reached at usedcbxparts@hotmail.com

Jim

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

d9canada wrote:Hi Everyone!
I just purchased an 82 CBX in January. I've got at least one copy of every displacement Honda 4 from 73 to 82, except 400 and 500, plus a 75 GL1000 and my CBX - and an 02 Sportster 883. I'm most active on the Yahoo CB900C group and Naked Goldwings. I owe all I've learned to forums like this.

Incidentally, on the Facebook group, there was a post saying someone in British Columbia was distributing 6:6 pipes of some kind, but the poster couldn't remember the name. I got a quote from Pipemasters. Apparently they only sell the SS version now and with tax etc, a set would be nearly $3000, nearly what I paid for my bike! I would like to find a less costly 6:6 set. I had a quick look through the Exhaust and Best of sections .. does anyone know who the BC distributor is?

There's really only one thing I need right now - does anyone know where I can get the rubber covers that go over the bolts for the rear grab rail. Perhaps there's a non-OEM solution? A couple of mine are badly torn. Suggestions?

Ride safe!
If you are still in need of the rubbers for the rear grab rail have plenty of used and NOS ones in stock. You can reach me at usedcbxparts@hotmail.com or thru my web page www.usedcbxparts.com
All the best with your new bike,
Louis

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

d9canada wrote:Incidentally, on the Facebook group, there was a post saying someone in British Columbia was distributing 6:6 pipes of some kind, but the poster couldn't remember the name. I got a quote from Pipemasters. Apparently they only sell the SS version now and with tax etc, a set would be nearly $3000, nearly what I paid for my bike! I would like to find a less costly 6:6 set. I had a quick look through the Exhaust and Best of sections .. does anyone know who the BC distributor is?

Never heard about these pipes in BC.

Send a PM to sixofsix - ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=323. If Tony doesn't have an answer they probably don't exist.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

If you guys are talking about pipemasters 6 into 6 pipes, there is another batch being prepared for the US, they can be purchased from Bill Brint at TIMS or from myself, last shipment worked out around $2300 for the set including shipping.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”