Santa Fe Motorado

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
vinceciotti
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Santa Fe Motorado

Post by vinceciotti »

Our little hick town of Santa Fe NM has a great bike show every year called the "Motorado" - about a hundred classic bikes in amazing condition (URL = http://www.motorado.org/). For this year's show on Sunday, June 15th, we're trying to organize a display of all four years of CBXes: Steve Steenrod's near-perfect 1979, Wes Anderson's immaculate 1981, and my pretty nice 1982. What we're missing is a 1980 model. Any of you US CBXers have a 1980 you'd be willing to schlepp all the way out here? Will not only be a neat show to attend, but the photos of all 4 years together could go viral!?

Vince Ciotti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Santa Fe Motorado

Post by NobleHops »

Does Mike V have an 80? Or just 79s? Bit out of reach for me Vince. Cool event!
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

A tad too early. I was considering going to Ruidoso in September and could have "schlepped" the 80 out there for an excursion to Santa Fe.
What you REALLY need out here, Vince, is a CGR 79, a PS 79, a Black 80, a CGR 80 and an 81 and 82. That would blow everyone away. But I guess 4 CBXes wouldn't be too bad either!

Getting all of the possible models together is getting harder every year. We almost made it in 2008. A candy Glory Red 1980 was missing

vinceciotti
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by vinceciotti »

Wow, interesting idea! Wes Anderson just informed me he has a silver 79 that could go along with Steve Steenrod's flawless 79. He also has a silver 81 (ex-"school bike" - near perfect!). I've got a pretty nice white 82, so all we need are the 80s and we'd make ICOA history! Can anyone else help??

Vince

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Randy White in Bosque Farms, NM had a red 1980 at one time. Unfortunately, I have no contact info

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Sure does sound like a neat event.
I think the Travesty wold be a great addition.

CopperCollar
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CopperCollar »

I think Randy sold that bike not to long ago.

Mike
When given the choice between being right or being kind; choose kindness. W. Dyer

vinceciotti
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by vinceciotti »

Would you believe I found TWO 1980 CBXes nearby:

1. Jack Brown in Los Lunas had a beauty for sale, which fellow CBX-er Mike Venhaus gobbled up, long with several other CBXes & parts.

2. Jack Jason is my NEIGHBOR, 2 blocks away here in Santa Fe, showed up at the Motordao, and has this stunning 1980 with about 10K miles. He is the original owner!!

So next year, we should easily have all four years of CBXes at the Motorado bike show...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”