Group buy now closed - replacement footrest rubbers

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Group buy now closed - replacement footrest rubbers

Post by NobleHops »

EDIT 4/2/2014

The group buy is now closed for more orders, parts being ordered today. Will update as soon as I have the items in hand, still anticipating having these in your hands by the end of April. Thanks to all that participated and helped us all get a better deal on these great parts.

OK gang, it is on. Here's how to confirm your order and get new footrest rubbers for your CBX. Sorry guys, USA and Canada only. To be perfectly clear, I will not profit on the group buy, whatever the net cost is, is what I will pass through to anyone interested.

The rubbers themselves cost $48 per set, plus shipping from Holland to me (about $1.50 per set in bulk), the shipping to you (roughly $6 US, $20 Canada),in a SMALL PRIORITY MAIL BOX. So we're going to call it a round $50 per set, for easy math, plus shipping to you and optionally, glue.

Barry Adam researched and then successfully used a cyanoacrylate glue that I will also offer at cost. A 1 oz tube will cost $22, and Barry thinks one tube will do several sets. It's small enough that it will fit in the small Priority Mail box and so should not incur any additional cost to ship. EDIT! One shipping fee should cover up to 3 sets of rubbers and a tube of glue. Default to just paying a single shipping fee unless you're ordering 5 or more sets, in which case PM me please.

Here's how to order:

1. Select the ordering info text below, copy it, and paste it into the body of an email to me.

2. Give the email a subject along the lines of "Footpeg Rubber Order from Joe CBX" (that's you)

3. Complete all the info within.

4. Email it to me at that address. This lets me get a firm total and order what I need from Wim.

5a. Pay me the total from the form via PayPal, same email address. If you don't mind doing it as a 'gift' (send money to family and friends), it will save me paying fees on receiving the money.

5b. Pay me the total from the form via check, money order, postal money order, Nigerian Bearer Bonds, Western Union, BitCoin, gold bullion, or cash. Mail that, along with a copy of your order please to:

Nils Menten
164 Twilight Lane
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

That's it! I'll accept orders till next Monday March 31, then place the order with Wim on Monday April 1.

Order form:

Name:
Forum name:
Street Address:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:

Number of footpeg rubber sets desired :___________

Multiply times $50 per set. Subtotal A:____________

Number of tubes of glue needed: ____________

Multiply times $22 per tube. Subtotal B:____________

Shipping (enter $6 for USA, $20 for Canada) Shipping total:____________

Total of subtotal A, B, and shipping:_____________

How are you paying? (PayPal or via postal mail) _________________________

PayPal total to nils.menten@gmail.com or postal mail payment to:

Nils Menten
164 Twilight Lane
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Expect to receive your order late April, 2014
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Now taking orders - replacement footrest rubbers

Post by harvey »

Nils,

Not to be picky but I want to be sure to get this right before I send you a PayPal. Your first line states: "The rubbers themselves cost $48 each, plus shipping from Holland to me (about $1.50 per set in bulk), the shipping to you (roughly $6 US, $20 Canada),in a SMALL "

That says that each piece of rubber costs $48. and not $50 per set as you state further down. Please advise if the price is $50 for one piece of rubber or $50 for a set of two.

Thanks,
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

harvey wrote:Nils,

Please advise if the price is $50 for one piece of rubber or $50 for a set of two.

Thanks,
So we're going to call it a round $50 per set, for easy math, plus shipping and optionally, glue.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

harvey wrote:Nils,

Not to be picky but I want to be sure to get this right before I send you a PayPal. Your first line states: "The rubbers themselves cost $48 each, plus shipping from Holland to me (about $1.50 per set in bulk), the shipping to you (roughly $6 US, $20 Canada),in a SMALL "

That says that each piece of rubber costs $48. and not $50 per set as you state further down. Please advise if the price is $50 for one piece of rubber or $50 for a set of two.

Thanks,
Thanks Harvey, I just edited that post a tad and hopefully clarified the language slightly. If you complete the ordering form and the calculations on it, it will come out correct.

N.
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

OK, orders received have been confirmed, and reminders sent. Let's wrap this up men!
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Last call!
Nils Menten

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Just got our notice over on the CBX List about this.

Can I order a set please.

Thanks..........Mike (mrc.engr@verizon.net)
It's not what you ride.....it's how you ride.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Group buy now closed - replacement footrest rubbers

Post by NobleHops »

EDIT 4/2/2014

The group buy is now closed for more orders, parts being ordered today. Will update as soon as I have the items in hand, still anticipating having these in your hands by the end of April. Thanks to all that participated and helped us all get a better deal on these great parts.
Nils Menten

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Thanks Nils.
It's not what you ride.....it's how you ride.

metalganz
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by metalganz »

I want to say thank you to Nils for all his efforts to make this groupbuy and to the buyers also ofcourse and hope you are all happy with the product.
If there are questions about the glueing please ask me.

Best Regards,

Wim

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

metalganz wrote:I want to say thank you to Nils for all his efforts to make this groupbuy and to the buyers also ofcourse and hope you are all happy with the product.
If there are questions about the glueing please ask me.

Best Regards,

Wim
No, Wim, we thank you! Outstanding effort to provide a much needed item to help preserve these bikes and keep them looking dandy! :thumupp:

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

We are waiting on the glue, everything else is ready to go...
Nils Menten

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

OK gang, everything is packed and will ship tomorrow. You should see your stuff Fri-Sat I think. Thanks for participating.

Wim's instructions are included in your box, and they are also attached to this post. I'm taking the liberty of pasting Barry Adam's instructions and photos below, using the very glue that most of you purchased. Please follow the instructions carefully!

Barry's post:

Here's a message I posted on the adhesive:
I researched the Sikaflex 552 material and thought I could find a local alternative of a similar type.
We use several structural adhesives at work (aircraft transparencies), and I had one picked out to try. I checked with the manufacturer, and they suggested this:

TS800MB-2

I had already prepped my parts for the structural adhesive. The aluminum parts were cleaned, alodined, and a couple of coats of epoxy clear, except on the rubber bonding area. The rubbers were sanded, and cleaned with some IPA.

The adhesive is thick, like syrup, and will fill in any gaps. The finished product:

Seems to be a pretty strong, complete bond. In fact, I had masked the rubber and aluminum so that I would not get any of the structural adhesive on them. When using the rubber toughened CA, it was not necessary. In fact, where some of the CA got onto the masking tape, it was nearly impossible to remove. If you decide to go this route, maybe forget the tape.

Barry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nils Menten

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Thanks again for doing this Nils! I know it's a PITA to do all that shipping.

One note to all doing this - the acorn-nut sliders and flat washers (missing in the pic) are still available from Honda, as are the thin 8mm nuts for the pivot bolt. Your chrome pivot bolts should shine up fine as do the aluminum pegs. Just hope the springs clean up OK as they are NLA, or get them re-plated. Amazing how attending to these little details all over the bike makes a big difference.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am amazed how fast this all happened, considering the "source" is in Europe. Big thanks to Nils and Wim once again for making this happen and "donating" their own valuable time for the benefit of fellow enthusiasts. 8) Not many people like this around! I know quite a few who pose as friends and likeminded fans just for their own personal material gain. :(

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”