Rally

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Rally

Post by NobleHops »

You have nothing to apologize for Larry. Given the momentary confusion that was the best idea.

Thanks to Mark for volunteering to put this together, that's an awesome, positive contribution, and those are greatly valued and appreciated by all.

P.S. This is as good a time as any to thank YOU as well Larry, for taking on the day to day maintenance of the forum, and sticking with it so efficiently and diligently. If the club had 5 more guys like you and Mark and the other directors we'd be in great shape.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

And I thought I was just getting old and forgetful. Thanks Larry, both for keeping things sane, and letting me know I'm only half nuts.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

NobleHops wrote:You have nothing to apologize for Larry. Given the momentary confusion that was the best idea.

Thanks to Mark for volunteering to put this together, that's an awesome, positive contribution, and those are greatly valued and appreciated by all.

P.S. This is as good a time as any to thank YOU as well Larry, for taking on the day to day maintenance of the forum, and sticking with it so efficiently and diligently. If the club had 5 more guys like you and Mark and the other directors we'd be in great shape.
:text-+1:

Larry has been a loyal contributor to the ICOA for many, many years, he has been chomping on that same cigar for all those rallies for all those years, either behind the scenes or at the forefront. It takes a certain personality to give so much of your time to a hobby that also benefits so many others and be happy to do it, the sidelines are so much easier to occupy.

I'm sure Mark will do a great job and maybe the volunteer bug will bite a few other's and everything will fall into place, sometimes it takes a few go arounds to work the qinks out, maybe next year Harvey.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Jeff Bennetts wrote:, the sidelines are so much easier to occupy.
Very well put, Jeff! :clap:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:And I thought I was just getting old and forgetful. Thanks Larry, both for keeping things sane, and letting me know I'm only half nuts.
Rick: This may help your memory also. You received this e-mail too.
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 17:12:33 -0500
Subject: Re: .This could become ........................, a story.?

There has been a volunteer to host a rally near Charleston NC for this
upcoming year. I know this is east coast again but have not heard any
offers of a west or southwest location...

My thought would be last week in June perhaps... Let's have the discussion
early so we can pick the right date and location.

Hope all are enjoying a Merry Christmas and all the best wishes for 2014!

Cheers, Jan

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Agreed Mike. I remember that. But I don't think it was via the Brewer list, rather it was a group mailing to directors.

But, I've have been wrong before.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

All not a problem. Now, to get the old X running. Anybody got some pull with the weather gods!!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

CopperCollar
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CopperCollar »

I really liked Charleston when there last year.

Wished I could make it but the boss has already put out the spring/fall schedule.

We have to have our vacation request in by October for the summer months. By April for the fall and winter months.

Really makes it hard to attend some events.

Bummer
When given the choice between being right or being kind; choose kindness. W. Dyer

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”