Old weary CBX with old weary owner

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Jack B
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Old weary CBX with old weary owner

Post by Jack B »

Just recently reupped in the club and would like to reconnect. Currently snowbound in South Central Pennsylvania. The only machine in my garage seeing any action these days is the snowblower. But during my daily battles with Mother Nature, I get to see my 1979 CBX hunkered in the corner, battery tender glowing green. It, along with the current caregiver, is falling into disrepair. I fear my days of riding larger bikes is nearing the end. But before giving in to the inevitable, I sort of promised the CBX and myself that we would have a grand final season or two. I am considering sending it out for a thorough going over. I long ago conceded that the bike is beyond my mechanical ken. My question is, where to send it? Any suggestions are appreciated.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Old weary CBX with old weary owner

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Welcome back, Jack.
At least you have a snow blower. My shovel and i have spent far too much time together.
Jimmy Z in Cincinnati is a good guy. http://www.cincycycles.com/domino/cycle ... e?openform

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Jack:

Sent you a PM.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

While Jimmy Z (aka Jim Zemanek) is indeed a good person to handle your CBX job, he hasn't been at that location for several years, and in fact does not have regular business hours. He's one of those folks who has failed at retirement, and has gone back to work, because they "threw too much money at him". Great guy, and will do a terrific job, if you can get him to do it.

There are a number of other folks who hang around here who are equally capable. I see one has sent you a PM.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

gak1047
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by gak1047 »

I would highly recommend you speak with Dave (daves79x). I can say enough good things about Dave. He did an outstanding job with my 80 and he is in PA as well.

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

I think that once you get that CBX running sweet again, you are going to feel like you and it will be good to go for quite a few more years.

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”