"CBX Book II" ... progress!!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

"CBX Book II" ... progress!!

Post by cbxian »

Hi CBXers,

I have received a flurry of enquiries recently about buying a copy of the original big red "CBX Book", generated by good comments on Facebook I think. Unfortunately no more of the big red Book for Sale, but the good news is that the silver "CBX Book II" is progressing well!!

Today (5th Jan.2014) I gave the latest Draft to my Graphics-guy who will get the Master-Digital-Copy updated for my final checking and final additions in February. Then the Plan is to get it to the Printers in March and start distribution in April 2014.

My only problem at present seems to be to keep the new Book limited in size to be financially viable ... the bigger it is, the more colour pages there are, and the more expensive my Hobby-Project becomes!! As you can see from the photos below the 'small' Book is creeping up on the size of the 'BIG' Book!! This has happened due to the inclusion of every Honda brochure for the CBX, giving each Brochure its own Page, plus the many great 'CBX Specials' I have found around the World to include.

The core information on CBX Design, Factory photos, and the four Models are all still included, but the new Book looks very different in content from the first Book. I think folks will enjoy it.

If you have any old photos of your CBXs in the 1970s/1980s get them to me URGENTLY. I have a LOT of CBX-Zs, but not so many original photos of ProLinks.

Best Regards, IAN
Ian Foster
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: "CBX Book II" ... progress!!

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Well Ian looks like you've been burning the midnight oil again, hope you have a great New Year! save a CBX book part Deau for me.

Tell Snooky to turn off the lights on her way out. :teasing-poke:

Cheers,
Jeff

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Great stuff, Ian. The money I'm spending on therapy, after missing out on the Big Red Book and being absolutely gutted, is killing my finances.
Good on you for giving it another go 8)
I'm first in line. :D

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

bikeymikey748 wrote:Great stuff, Ian. The money I'm spending on therapy, after missing out on the Big Red Book and being absolutely gutted, is killing my finances.
Good on you for giving it another go 8)
I'm first in line. :D
You did send Ian photos of your bike and build?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxian »

@Jeff, You can see the black rings round my eyes!?!

@Mikey, The new "CBX Book II" was originally for guys just like you who missed out on the first Book, but this one is now very different from the first Book. It has the same core information about the CBX Design, Factory photos, and info about the 4 Models (CBX-Z, CBX-A, CBX-B, and CBX-C), but also a LOT of new stuff. I have received permission from Honda to reprint all their CBX brochures in this Book, also many 'CBX Specials' from around the World, and now many original photos from the 1970s and 1980s. I think folks will also enjoy this new silver Book, but it is very different from the original BIG red Book!! It should be available in April 2014 so keep in contact, I will not Print too many, so don't miss out again!!!

@Rick, I don't recognize Mikey's Bike in the Avatar? I have a LOT of really cool 'CBX Specials' in this new Book, all with 1/2 page each. Do you still have 'stock' of your excellent Bar Risers to sell to CBXers? I want to tell folks about all these great items that are supplied to CBXers. If you guys know of any items, Suppliers, Shops that offer items to the CBX Community please let me know about them.

Anyone with more new info or old photos, please get it to me URGENTLY!

Best, IAN
Ian Foster
ian@netvigator.com
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

You did send Ian photos of your bike and build?
:text-thankyouyellow: Rick, that remark just made my day.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Ian, Yes, I have plenty of the handlebar kits available. I have entered an agreement with Randakk, where he is the exclusive seller of the kits.

Mikey, Your bike certainly desrves to be spotlighted with the other specials. If Ian has the space in the book.........
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Syscrush »

I'm gonna want a copy of this book, and I'd also like to know where to get one of those hats!
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”