Kool Biker?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Kool Biker?

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Aris, what the hell happened to you?

You Okay, just busy or what, anyone heard from him lately?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Kool Biker?

Post by EMS »

I have seen Aris signed on a couple of times lately. He may just have nothing interesting to post. Guess his CBX runs flawlessly.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

EMS wrote:I have seen Aris signed on a couple of times lately. He may just have nothing interesting to post. Guess his CBX runs flawlessly.
A safe bet :-)
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

He always seems to have interesting riding partners.
Pics, please.

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

Hulloa my friends, I am here!
And as Mike has pointed out, I always login into my favourite forum - if for a few minutes - every single day. Thanks for asking and thanks for keeping it alive and so interesting.
But lately I have little new to report .. And despite having had a fabulous summer here in Greece (ergh, meaning the weather .. of course), I have done very little riding, and that, on my 750 Commando, check pics below:
P1010169.jpg
P1010222.jpg
As for my Z, it is alive, in great shape (phew!!), and currently in the middle of a well earned rest.

Regarding our forum, what drives me is technology; Solving problems and improving upon our machines.
E.g. I follow closely the info re the electronic carb balancing contraption (would love one). Also I am always intrigued by possible improvements in our electrical & ignition systems (come on, somebody, let's do a crank pick up system).
Let's have more!

All the best
Aris

P.S. One reason I've been doing much less biking recently, is that during the last 9 months I've been spending most of my free time with my new love, my EMCO V10P lathe / milling machine.
P1000906 (1).jpg
It is a magical, most certainly 'classic' machine from the 70's, just like our CBX's, Austrian and very high quality.
It was quite tired and I spent a couple of cold winter months restoring it sympathetically (bliss!).
Now I spend as much time as I can, learning how to use it 'competently', which means making mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mistake until around the m'teenth time I come across that unmistakable feeling when machine, machined part and operator are at last in unison with something sort of correct coming out the other end. I think the pic below attempts to show this ;-)
Image 05-09-2013 at 15.34.jpg
For now the parts I make are usually simple special jigs and tools like the TDC finder I did for my Commando below.
IMG_3677.jpg
Bliss. Can't wait to put my new found skills (OK, you may laugh) on my CBX ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Good stuff Aris, I figured you were just busy. Get busy on that lathe and show us what you come up with.

Cheers,
Jeff

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Very nice work Aris !!
Those single point threads are nearly a lost art.
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Good to know you are OK Aris,
Speak to you soon.Best wishes to the family.

cheers Mel 1876
:flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”