2013 Annual Norton & Vintage bike rallye

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

2013 Annual Norton & Vintage bike rallye

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Like every year, The Norton rallye at Washington Crossing by the Delaware river kicks off the riding season and became the premier event in the Metro New York area for vintage and rare bikes. Originally an event only for British built bikes, it far outgrew its original format, hundreds of bikes show up of all brands and ages. This was last Sunday under gorgeous weather.
Only 5 CBX's , 2 of them were mine and a good friend really enjoyed riding a CBX for the first time.
enjoy the slide show .

http://www.kendenton.com/nortons2013

After , we rode up the river to MILFORD NJ to the SHIP's INN , claimed to be the oldest tavern in New Jersey. It is owned by a charming young Brit, who rides a Triumph triple with a Union Jack painted tank, he brews his own Ale and serves the best Fish & Chips in the new world.
JP

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 2013 Annual Norton & Vintage bike rallye

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Great bikes and photography. Thanks for the link, JP.
The Benelli 250-4 is a beauty among many.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Thanks for the review, JP....and the pictures! Some real nice rides there.
Do you know what brand of wheels you have on the black CBX? I have to check the details but I think I have the same set in my parts pile and they do not have an ID. I always thought they were PVMs but I am not sure.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Some seriously cool bikes there. Thanks for the pictures. I wish they had a show like that around here. Who let in the guy on the Sportster? :-)

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bikeymikey748 »

JP, some seriously lust-worthy bikes there!
I've never seen a 4 cyl. 250 Benelli, very interesting. A Norvin? Wow!
Great showing of Moto Guzzis, I've always had an appreciation of them.
Who scraped up the Walter Wolf rep.? Those things are rare. Do you know? My buddy Manny crashed his RG500 at Loudon. There wasn't much left that wasn't damaged......and yet, you should have been there for the bidding war that ensued as, desperate, Americans grabbed at their chance for some Canadian unobtainium!
Thanks for a great post.....excellent stuff :D

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Hi Guys,
Yes the Benelli 4 is a sweetheart owned by a good collector friend of mine and he does ride it for such occasion, until I met him, never knew it even existed!
The WOLF RGV is indeed very rare, only saw one at Woods auction in Daytona several years ago.
Believe it , there were a lot of HD guys coming to lurk , but they had the common sense to park far enough... LOL

I love those events, you really see some neat bikes and can measure the love index these owners put in to keep them in that shape or restore them.
Also liked the owners of British bikes dressing for the occasion... you know... tall leather boots, Lewis leathers, Cromwell helmet, Climax google and the white silk scarf on their face (like the invisible man lol) , they looked like period correct, and yes , British twins do sound good !

Very few 2 strokes ! besides the Wolf, and Yamaha V4, I saw only a Suzy 550 triple, a 74 H1 and a couple of RD's 350

However 3 "real" MV's , including the race replica one with full fairing , boy does this one sound good !!!

Another rarity was a Bimota DB 400 , Ducati engine small CC's
Not too many known CBX'ers, only saw Ripper and Pete Bartholomew.

Mike S : The rims are EPM (magnesium) sold then by Mr Magni. I need to refinish them some day and possibly x ray to make sure they are still OK
Unless you know what they are, at a distance they could be mistaken for Morris mags, same design, but the weight is quite different, not much unsprung weight . There was another X owner in AZ who used to post and had the same set , forgot his name though.
JP

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbxmel »

Great pictures JP. Reminds me of some of the biker haunts we have over here such as Box Hill ,Surrey where you can see hundreds of bikes on a Sunday morning all through the summer. The Norvin reminds me of one I owned way back in the mid 60's which was attached to a Watsonian sport sidecar. Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

cheers Mel 1876 :flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike: :bow-yellow:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

cbxmel wrote:Great pictures JP. Reminds me of some of the biker haunts we have over here such as Box Hill ,Surrey where you can see hundreds of bikes on a Sunday morning all through the summer. The Norvin reminds me of one I owned way back in the mid 60's which was attached to a Watsonian sport sidecar. Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

cheers Mel 1876 :flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike: :bow-yellow:

You're welcome Mel ! I bet you wished you still had that Norvin ! :(
What a sweet bike to own...
JP

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Thanks for the pics JP.

Stormer
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Stormer »

Fantastic pictures, thanks my friend!
Sory the bad english!

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Stormer wrote:Fantastic pictures, thanks my friend!
Stormer and Jeff , you're welcome 8)
JP

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”