"CBX BOOK" ... the new Book!

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

"CBX BOOK" ... the new Book!

Post by cbxian »

Hi CBXers,

I am presently compiling the Reprint version of the "CBX Book" ... see 'draft' silver Book in attached photo. Each week I have at least 3 or 4 emails requesting a copy of the original Book, now all sold out and making crazy money when they do appear on eBay!

The reprint version will be smaller, about 200 pages (not 400 like the original Book) to keep costs down. My aim is that these (being cheaper) will be attractive to a wider readership, not just CBXers ... to achieve the goal of promoting the CBX to a much wider audience. I will take out some Chapters like the Other-6s, Other-CBXs, Racing CBXs, Famous Folk, Toys, Museums, etc. I will also reduce some sections like making a synopsis of the Clubs' information, and Aftermarket Frames.

New Chapters will be inserted including ...
- Reproduction of all Honda CBX brochures (1 brochure per page).
- 'When CBXs were new' ... showing CBX photos from 1970s and 1980s (please submit any old photos you may have).
- A new chapter on "CBX personal Specials" built around the World (1/2 page per CBX-Special).
- Articles or adverts on Shops and Products serving CBXers (please recommend any you know of).
... and quite a bit more new stuff!

Details will be uploaded periodically to http://www.cam-hk.com/cbx, or you can Keep updated on Facebook at www.facebook.com/index.php#!/groups/171923629534314/. You can also see the step-by-step process of producing the original Book on the 'cam-hk' website.

I aim to have the new one complete by the end of 2013. If you have anything to contribute please get it to me by Summer of 2013.
Keep updated on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/index.php#!/gro ... 629534314/.

Thanks, IAN
Ian Foster
N.Ireland and Hong Kong
ian@netvigator.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

cbxian
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: "CBX BOOK" ... the new Book!

Post by cbxian »

Hi Guys,

I'm starting the process of getting the new smaller "CBX Book" compiled for Publishing. I have had many new images sent (from as far afield as South Africa and New Zealand) and many more photos 'promised' ... if you have contacted me previously please get the old photos etc sent to me as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

I still need all your recommendations and suggestions on the following please (send to ian@netvigator.com) ...
- 'When CBXs were new' ... showing old CBX photos from 1970s and 1980s (please submit any old photos you may have).
- A new chapter on "CBX personal Specials" built around the World (1/2 page per CBX-Special).
- Articles or adverts on Shops and Products serving CBXers (please recommend any you know of).

Best Regards, IAN
Ian Foster
ian@netvigator.com
Home : ian@ netvigator.com (www.cam-hk.com)
Work : ian@udi-hk.com (www.udi-hk.com)

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”