SPARK UNITS alternative

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

SPARK UNITS alternative

Post by CBXTRA6 »

I can't remember where I got the contact for this , ICOA or CBX WORLD, but last year , in view of a restoration, I bought a replacement spark igniters set from
PROCOM Engineering in Irvine CA, after reading a convincing description, and tired of the gooey melting OEM part. The part # was PE-C-MH900-A , I paid
then $118.50 delivered and took it out again recently to start installing it. Then I realized that the connectors were different, the 3 identical connectors matched the late model pro link but not the early 79 set up (3 different sizes & color) . So a year later, contacted PROCOM and promptly got a reply from
Ritzo Muntinga , GM offering a full refund . Instead I offered to send him back the set with the OEM part to re wire it the same way. Ritzo is a big CBX fan and accepted . I received the re-wired part shortly after, free of any charges , even shipping. He askeed me to leave him a set of the OEM part for future reference so he could create a different part number in case there was interest from the CBX community to order similar set for the early models.
His igniter set seems to be built quite well, the only minor issue is that the igniter casing is a touch wider than stock so they don't fit tightly side by side on the bracket, but can be attached anyway with the original screws, or would require either a different bracket with 1 or 2mm more space between the mounting screws, or a modification of the stock one.
If interested, call Ritzo at (949) 748 6338 or e.m. him at info@procomeng.com , good folks to work with
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JP

cbxmel
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: SPARK UNITS alternative

Post by cbxmel »

Sounds good to me JP. Thanks for telling us.
all the best Mel ICOA 1876
ps David Silver does a replacement although bit more expensive than the one you mention here.
:flags-wavegreatbritain: :auto-sportbike:
Bikes since 1960,BMW R27,Calthorpe 350 twin port, 50cc Maserati,C110,S90,CB92,CB77 webco 350 racekit,C72,CB450,TS125,GT380,GT750x2,Harley 45,Ariel Sq4,Vincent Rapide,NorVin shadow,GPZ750turbo,GSXR1100H,FJ1100,RC30,Moto-Martin cbx x4,CBX specials x3,79cbx x 20 & GL1500

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the heads-up, JP.
Great to see a company backing its product with follow-up and feedback.

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Jim-Jim »

When do you anticipate a completion to see how these units perform?

CBXTRA6
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXTRA6 »

Jim-Jim wrote:When do you anticipate a completion to see how these units perform?
Goal is to have it on the road before the summer, I now have all the parts, what I'm deseperately short of is ... time
will post again when completed and unning.
Tx
JP
JP

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

JP,
You are the man !!
I have recently discovered that these units are being used by the CB-F bikes with great reports.
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”